Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vbulletin hopmepage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vbulletin hopmepage

    Hello,

    How can I have a homepage like this??

    Is there any needed addons?

    Could you please confirm, Is this forum homepage is done with vBulletin 5 connect????

    https://forumweb.hosting/

    Thanx

  • #2
    That's not vBullletin. It's a heavily customized version of a competing forum product.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
      That's not vBullletin. It's a heavily customized version of a competing forum product.
      Thank you Omnibus

      Is there any idea or examples of sites using vb 5 with creative ideas in home page or adding pictures to forums?

      Do I need to use another software for home page such as WordPress instead?

      Thank you

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post

        Thank you Omnibus

        Is there any idea or examples of sites using vb 5 with creative ideas in home page or adding pictures to forums?

        Do I need to use another software for home page such as WordPress instead?

        Thank you
        It's really hard to answer this question without knowing specifically what it is you are trying to achieve. You can do anything with vBulletin5 that you can do with WordPress using the modules and custom pages but some people do find WordPress easier to use. I've done both for clients and while I personally find it more complicated to use WordPress and vBulletin together since they're not connected and there's no single sign on it may work for your purposes. If you can give a better idea of specifically what it is you're looking to do it will be easier to answer your question.

        Comment


        • #5
          What do you want to do?
          1. You can create articles,
          2. attach images to them,
          3. have those images appear in the article lists,
          4. use images inline,
          5. create article lists in 1,2,3
          6. Control the layout of the page,
          7. set the article page as your home page,
          8. use css to manipulate the way the article previews look,
          9. and more in vBulletin.

          Do you have the software installed? Have you explored Site Builder's Page building options along with the different Layouts and modules?

          Do you have HTML and CSS experience? If you simply want to copy another site, you'll need that knowledge to do so. Even with Wordpress.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post

            It's really hard to answer this question without knowing specifically what it is you are trying to achieve. You can do anything with vBulletin5 that you can do with WordPress using the modules and custom pages but some people do find WordPress easier to use. I've done both for clients and while I personally find it more complicated to use WordPress and vBulletin together since they're not connected and there's no single sign on it may work for your purposes. If you can give a better idea of specifically what it is you're looking to do it will be easier to answer your question.
            I want to make a rich home page with three columns or more with picture and videos and a little bit written under them then the visitor can expand or visit the link, animated topics instead of static view of page.

            I think that the steps @Wayne Luke posted, are very helpful to reach my idea

            Please,
            Omnibus if there is any chance to see an example of your work that let you do with vbulletin what wordpress can do, thank you

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              What do you want to do?
              1. You can create articles,
              2. attach images to them,
              3. have those images appear in the article lists,
              4. use images inline,
              5. create article lists in 1,2,3
              6. Control the layout of the page,
              7. set the article page as your home page,
              8. use css to manipulate the way the article previews look,
              9. and more in vBulletin.

              Do you have the software installed? Have you explored Site Builder's Page building options along with the different Layouts and modules?

              Do you have HTML and CSS experience? If you simply want to copy another site, you'll need that knowledge to do so. Even with Wordpress.

              Hello Wayne Luke , I think those guiding steps are very helpful, Yes I have the software installed, my forums are 16 years old, and i am using css to totally control and change its view. I have basic knowledge of html and css, but not that much, If i needed to include videos or pictures or any idea with html, then i use the help of this: https://html5-editor.net/

              I will try to follow your steps, the problem is that i have neglected Articles for years, thinking it was not practical even in its view and very limiting, and the whole site is based on forums.
              ​​​​​​​

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X