X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post

Agreed. I hope our thanks are passed on to those who don't see them here. It is really appreciated.

Just need to fix the moderation notifications now
    AMEN! See what can get accomplished when we stick together
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 8 Nov '19, 10:52am.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    Cloud is working great. A thanks goes out to Wayne, cloud team, and all involved for fixing and implementing this real critical regression so quickly.
    Agreed. I hope our thanks are passed on to those who don't see them here. It is really appreciated.

Just need to fix the moderation notifications now

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Cloud is working great. A thanks goes out to Wayne, cloud team, and all involved for fixing and implementing this real critical regression so quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I didn't even know they were going to patch Cloud until your post above. Patching vBulletin.com is a different process than patching cloud. It involves more people and requires more signoffs. If they were going to patch vBulletin.com, it wouldn't happen until next week. We don't do noncritical software upgrades on Fridays. Only a critical security issue would get by that cutoff.

Leave a comment:

• jaredyates
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, works for me too
    Last edited by jaredyates; Fri 8 Nov '19, 8:02am.

• OrganForum
    commented on 's reply
    yes it worked in 5.5.4.

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Just a note that it's still not working on here for me. Maybe it's not been patched yet.

Leave a comment:

• medved
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks a lot. Seems like it helped.

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

5.5.6 is the next release. It has 2.5 weeks of development and 4-6 weeks of testing before release. If you have access to your servers command line interface, I am attaching a patch that can be applied. It hasn't been tested yet as far as I know.
    Any hope the patch can be applied to Cloud Wayne Luke ?

You'd all be high on our Christmas list if it can

Edit to add: looks like it's been done as ours is now working - thank you guys you are stars
    Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Thu 7 Nov '19, 11:35pm. Reason: Updated post

Leave a comment:

• -mz
    replied

5.5.6 is the next release. It has 2.5 weeks of development and 4-6 weeks of testing before release. If you have access to your servers command line interface, I am attaching a patch that can be applied. It hasn't been tested yet as far as I know.
    Wayne:

Sorry, I just saw this note. Will configure SSH access and apply the patch tomorrow morning (after backing up the affected file of course ) and let you know how it goes...

Thanks!

Edit:

I tool a look at the patch itself and went ahead and changed the one line in conversation.php. I can confirm that fixed the bug. Clicking on links containing a node now open to the proper message, instead of the beginning of the topic.

I expect to hear from some happy users tomorrow.

Thanks again for realizing that to the users, this "was critical" as we have topic with 400+ messages that have a lot of activity...

Last edited by -mz; Thu 7 Nov '19, 11:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Seems like it's working again for me.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by -mz View Post

The Bug tracker reports this as "resolved" - when will we see a fix for this?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• -mz
    replied

The vBulletin developers actually have no control over what issues are patched on Cloud and which are not. vBulletin Cloud is managed by a different team.
    The Bug tracker reports this as "resolved" - when will we see a fix for this?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied

The vBulletin developers actually have no control over what issues are patched on Cloud and which are not. vBulletin Cloud is managed by a different team.
    Hopefully the teams can team up on this one and fix it for everyone at the same time quickly, self hosted and cloud
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 7 Nov '19, 1:43pm.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully the teams can team up on this one