Notification issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post

Times 2. I should have mentioned it as well when I saw it happening here, but i'm not sure it would have even made a difference.
    It would have, especially if caught early on.

If something like this crops again, if in doubt, just log it anyway. It'll be tested. Worst case scenario is it can't be reproduced and then support can try and help get to the bottom of it.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Same here...nobody ever replies to my scintillating posts so I never get any notifications

I see that the bug is already marked as a regression. I'll see what I can do to try and get some traction on it.
      Don't think my posts even get to be scintillating

A fix would be good, if only to stop all the messages from members that it's not working - gets wearing after a while This despite having a post saying we know about it

Comment

This is such a pia, it should be treated as a 911 patch update
        vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

There ya go Mark I liked one of your posts. Have fun finding it
          vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

I guess it's just me but I like when the notifications don't work. I get tired of being bothered every time anyone feels it necessary to fart in my general direction.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
              I guess it's just me but I like when the notifications don't work. I get tired of being bothered every time anyone feels it necessary to fart in my general direction.
              Seems like you didn't get what the problem is. You can turn off notifications if you don't want to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                This is such a pia, it should be treated as a 911 patch update
                The vBulletin developers actually have no control over what issues are patched on Cloud and which are not. vBulletin Cloud is managed by a different team.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  Carrfixr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hopefully the teams can team up on this one

Originally posted by medved View Post

Seems like you didn't get what the problem is. You can turn off notifications if you don't want to get them.
                It was sarcasm. I knew someone would reply and I wanted to see the issue for myself. It's an issue here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

The vBulletin developers actually have no control over what issues are patched on Cloud and which are not. vBulletin Cloud is managed by a different team.
                  Hopefully the teams can team up on this one and fix it for everyone at the same time quickly, self hosted and cloud
                  Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 7th Nov '19, 1:43pm.
                  vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

The Bug tracker reports this as "resolved" - when will we see a fix for this?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by -mz View Post

The Bug tracker reports this as "resolved" - when will we see a fix for this?

Thanks!
                      5.5.6 is the next release. It has 2.5 weeks of development and 4-6 weeks of testing before release. If you have access to your servers command line interface, I am attaching a patch that can be applied. It hasn't been tested yet as far as I know.
                      Attached Files
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• medved
                        medved commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks a lot. Seems like it helped.

• jaredyates
                        jaredyates commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, works for me too
                        Last edited by jaredyates; Fri 8th Nov '19, 8:02am.

Seems like it's working again for me.

Comment

5.5.6 is the next release. It has 2.5 weeks of development and 4-6 weeks of testing before release. If you have access to your servers command line interface, I am attaching a patch that can be applied. It hasn't been tested yet as far as I know.
                        Wayne:

Sorry, I just saw this note. Will configure SSH access and apply the patch tomorrow morning (after backing up the affected file of course ) and let you know how it goes...

Thanks!

Edit:

I tool a look at the patch itself and went ahead and changed the one line in conversation.php. I can confirm that fixed the bug. Clicking on links containing a node now open to the proper message, instead of the beginning of the topic.

I expect to hear from some happy users tomorrow.

Thanks again for realizing that to the users, this "was critical" as we have topic with 400+ messages that have a lot of activity...

Last edited by -mz; Thu 7th Nov '19, 11:40pm.

Comment

Any hope the patch can be applied to Cloud Wayne Luke ?

You'd all be high on our Christmas list if it can

Edit to add: looks like it's been done as ours is now working - thank you guys you are stars
                          Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Thu 7th Nov '19, 11:35pm. Reason: Updated post

Comment

Just a note that it's still not working on here for me. Maybe it's not been patched yet.

Comment