Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notification issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Notification issue

    I noticed it on this site after the upgrade to 5.5.5 and now i'm seeing it on my site since the upgrade. When a notification alert comes such as a like or quote, mention etc, clicking the notification link does not take you directly to the posting for that particular alert. Instead it takes you to the top of that thread page. You then have to scroll down and figure out what it was for
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 6th Nov '19, 2:01am.
    vB Mods That Rock!

  • #2
    I was just coming to report the same issue Carrfixr like you I thought it was happening on here and now I've confirmed it is definitely happening on our site, we were upgraded last night.
    __________________________________________
    We don't stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    GBS

    Comment


    • #3
      Please write up a bug report and we can have the developers look at it.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

      Comment


      • #4
        https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19810
        vB Mods That Rock!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
          I noticed it on this site after the upgrade to 5.5.5 and now i'm seeing it on my site since the upgrade. When a notification alert comes such as a like or quote, mention etc, clicking the notification link does not take you directly to the posting for that particular alert. Instead it takes you to the top of that thread page. You then have to scroll down and figure out what it was for
          I had already reported this same issue and filed a bug report, which has been marked "Resolved" because your report came after mine...

          Hopefully, this will get addressed ASAP as it is very annoying for our members, especially the ones who participate in Topics with a LOT of messages...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by -mz View Post

            I had already reported this same issue and filed a bug report, which has been marked "Resolved" because your report came after mine...

            Hopefully, this will get addressed ASAP as it is very annoying for our members, especially the ones who participate in Topics with a LOT of messages...
            Agree ,

            My tracker was downgraded from critical to minor.

            do you have a link to the tracker that you posted
            Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 6th Nov '19, 2:11pm.
            vB Mods That Rock!

            Comment


            • #7
              'Critical' has specific definitions that relate to things like the entire site being unusable, data loss, etc. The reason something like this will always be downgraded is that, whilst it is certainly important to users, it doesn't meet the criteria laid down for 'critical' issues.

              Downgrading it should not be read as "hey we don't care about this", it simply means it doesn't meet the criteria for a 'Critical' issue.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                do you have a link to the tracker that you posted
                Both issues marked as a duplicate of yours are linked on the left hand side of your issue. You will probably have to scroll down to see them. The newest issue was kept open because it has votes on it. We don't need three open issues for a single issue.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                  I noticed it on this site after the upgrade to 5.5.5 and now i'm seeing it on my site since the upgrade. When a notification alert comes such as a like or quote, mention etc, clicking the notification link does not take you directly to the posting for that particular alert. Instead it takes you to the top of that thread page. You then have to scroll down and figure out what it was for
                  I am having the same issue. This is critical problem. Should be fixed ASAP.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by medved View Post

                    I am having the same issue. This is critical problem. Should be fixed ASAP.
                    There's a bug report for it: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19810

                    It will be triaged and investigated as soon as possible. It isn't considerd a critical issue, though it is important.
                    Critical is when a bug means the site doesn't work at all, or data is lost, or there's a security breach. A link taking you to the wrong part of the correct thread, whilst important, isn't at that level, so please be patient.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                      D....Downgrading it should not be read as "hey we don't care about this", it simply means it doesn't meet the criteria for a 'Critical' issue.
                      Will see how much you care depending on how log it will take you to fix this very troublesome and annoying error. There were some bugs even after 6 years not resolved.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by medved View Post
                        Will see how much you care depending on how log it will take you to fix this very troublesome and annoying error. There were some bugs even after 6 years not resolved.
                        It isn't about caring, it's about prioritising fixed resources.

                        Every bug is important to somebody, and every feature request is important to somebody.

                        I would say that this would be seen as pretty important and it is probably also a regression which can add to the priority it is given

                        Can anyone confirm it definitely worked in 5.5.4?
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                        Comment


                        • Carrfixr
                          Carrfixr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes it worked

                        • Wayne Luke
                          Wayne Luke commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Regressions typically priority over other issues. The Priority on the issue has little effect on when the issue will get resolved. It is more of an internal flag on how many resources it will take to fix.

                        • OrganForum
                          OrganForum commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes it worked in 5.5.4.

                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Mark.B View Post



                        Can anyone confirm it definitely worked in 5.5.4?
                        Yes I can confirm it was working. I use it all the time so noticed immediately on upgrade to 5.5.5

                        I wish I'd mentioned it when this site was upgraded but I get very few notifications on here it took me a while to realise the problem.
                        __________________________________________
                        We don't stop playing because we grow old;
                        we grow old because we stop playing.
                        GBS

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post

                          Yes I can confirm it was working. I use it all the time so noticed immediately on upgrade to 5.5.5

                          I wish I'd mentioned it when this site was upgraded but I get very few notifications on here it took me a while to realise the problem.
                          Same here...nobody ever replies to my scintillating posts so I never get any notifications

                          I see that the bug is already marked as a regression. I'll see what I can do to try and get some traction on it.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post

                            Yes I can confirm it was working. I use it all the time so noticed immediately on upgrade to 5.5.5

                            I wish I'd mentioned it when this site was upgraded but I get very few notifications on here it took me a while to realise the problem.
                            Times 2. I should have mentioned it as well when I saw it happening here, but i'm not sure it would have even made a difference. You see folks download the new trial releases and give the A-OK signal. smh

                            Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 7th Nov '19, 8:45am.
                            vB Mods That Rock!

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X