Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Channel names overlay channel description

Hello.

After recent 5.5.5 update our forum is having this little issue, where channel names are overlayed with their description:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	4425986

Hope there is an easy way to fix it. Thank you.

If you used a CSS modification to display custom forum icons, you will need to remove that and use the new built in custom icon functionality.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you Mark, but it seems we're having an issue with the latest update. The installation wizard finishes without any errors or such, forum seems like to be updated to version 5.5.5, but after I login into AdminCP it still shows a message regarding available update. When I enter channel options the "Choose file" button is missing, too.
      Attached Files

Comment

Your AdminCP says you're running vBulletin 5.5.4 patch level 2. This means that either all the files in the vBulletin 5.5.5 package haven't been uploaded or you ran the upgrade script before uploading the files.

Please upload all vBulletin 5.5.5 files and run /core/install/upgrade.php again.

Make sure to clear all caches you may be using such as CloudFlare.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hello Wayne.

I've uploaded the files like 5 times and ran the upgrade script after all 5.5.5 files were uploaded to our FTP. I have even downloaded the update package again from members area, just to be sure the zip was not corrupted.

Can you please explain what do you mean by CloudFlare cache files?

Thank you.

Comment

The entire purpose of Cloudflare's existing is to cache files. If you use Cloudflare, then you need to contact them about caching files and clearing them. This is a third-party service outside the scope of the support we provide here. I have absolutely no idea on how your server is configured or what services you use. I put that there because Cloudflare will cause problems when performing upgrades on dynamic webscripts and a lot of people use them.

What I do know is that your site is not running vBulletin 5.5.5, even if you uploaded the vBulletin 5.5.5 scripts. After uploading the files, you must run the upgrade scripts that come with it. If you have customized templates, you should test in an uncustomized style. You should revert your CSS for the custom Icons after upgrading because it will conflict with the new software.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment