No announcement yet.

Page not found after upgrade 5.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made significant changes to how the PHP Module works to fix a 0-day exploit and prevent future exploitation. What worked previously may need to be reworked to prevent errors in vBulletin 5.5.5. If you have a PHP Module on the page and get an error that can be removed with the removal of that PHP Module, then the PHP Module and its contents is the cause of the error in vBulletin 5.5.5. I don't really care if it worked in vBulletin 5.5.4. I am trying to help you make it work in 5.5.5. Without the problematic code, it is impossible to provide support.

Adding the word 'text' to the PHP Module is indeed an error. It would create a fatal syntax error because it is not PHP. Without seeing the entire echo command, I cannot tell if it will error or not.

I cannot recreate a generic error just by adding a PHP module to the page. This is from vBulletin 5.5.6 Alpha 2.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-11-01_9-41-59.png
Views:	38
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	4425926

the contents of the php module are:
    Code:
    /* Enter valid PHP code here */

echo 'Hello World';
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 1st Nov '19, 8:43am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• BulliM
      BulliM commented
      Editing a comment
      Runs NOT on production server, runs on development server at home. Both vB 5.5.5.

Can send you my scripts by PM, but easier would be an example. Give me some simple code, that 100 percent runs in php module. I'll try out. If it runs, I give you some of my included scripts. Okay?

Comment

You can submit the scripts to a support ticket. You would need to reference this topic.

Wayne Luke

Comment

[brain off]
        Ticket submitted
        [brain on]

Comment

Found out, what the problem was. I not uploaded /includes from 5.5.5 what results in this error. Sorry thousand times.

Comment

I am glad it is resolved.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• BulliM
              BulliM commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too. Thankful for your help!
          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X