The URL sent contains the tag "noindex"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] The URL sent contains the tag "noindex"

I just received an email from Google with the following notice: The URL sent contains the tag "noindex".
    The error is in this URL: https://www.hispaddit.com/registro I have inspected the code and it is true, I have seen this: <meta name = "robots" content = "noindex, nofollow" /> What should I do ? I'm pretty newbie yet.

More info: The URL sent contains the "noindex" tag: you have sent the page to index it, but it has a "noindex" directive in a meta tag or in an HTTP response. If you want to include it in the index, remove the tag or HTTP header.
    Last edited by w4term4n; Tue 29th Oct '19, 6:11pm.

Upgrade to vBulletin 5.5.5. The registration page will be excluded from the sitemap. It should not be included anyway. It has absolutely no SEO value.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Upgrade to vBulletin 5.5.5. The registration page will be excluded from the sitemap. It should not be included anyway. It has absolutely no SEO value.
      Thank you for answering, I would like to ask you another question: this will be the first time I update vbulletin since I have only been licensed for a month.
      I am reading: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...lletin-connect but I do not understand what steps I have to follow since I see many statements.

My current version: 5.5.4 Patch Level 2

Thank you so much for everything.

Comment

From the upgrade overview -

Upgrading from previous versions of vBulletin 5 Connect
        1. Turn your vBulletin Connect site off so that users do not try to add content while you are updating the software. You can do this in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Turn Your vBulletin On or Off.
        2. Using the tools provided by your hosting provider, make a backup of your current database.
        3. Using your SFTP client, upload the new files to your server. When prompted tell it to overwrite all files in the current transfer queue.
        4. With your web browser run the Upgrade Wizard. The location will be https://%yourdomain/%forumroot%/install/upgrade.php
        5. When the Upgrade Wizard is complete, you will need to delete the install folder within /core/ on your server to proceed.
        6. Log into your site and review the upgrade.
        7. When everything appears satisfactory, turn your site back on in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Turn Your vBulletin On or Off.

Wayne Luke

Comment

From the upgrade overview -

Upgrading from previous versions of vBulletin 5 Connect
          1. Turn your vBulletin Connect site off so that users do not try to add content while you are updating the software. You can do this in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Turn Your vBulletin On or Off.
          2. Using the tools provided by your hosting provider, make a backup of your current database.
          3. Using your SFTP client, upload the new files to your server. When prompted tell it to overwrite all files in the current transfer queue.
          4. With your web browser run the Upgrade Wizard. The location will be https://%yourdomain/%forumroot%/install/upgrade.php
          5. When the Upgrade Wizard is complete, you will need to delete the install folder within /core/ on your server to proceed.
          6. Log into your site and review the upgrade.
          7. When everything appears satisfactory, turn your site back on in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Turn Your vBulletin On or Off.
          Ok, thank you so much.

PD: Should I download the latest version of the complete vbulletin and upload all the files again but replacing them?

Comment

Originally posted by w4term4n View Post
            PD: Should I download the latest version of the complete vbulletin and upload all the files again but replacing them?
            Yes. You should download the complete vBulletin 5 package and upload the contents of the upload directory. This should overwrite your existing files.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yes. You should download the complete vBulletin 5 package and upload the contents of the upload directory. This should overwrite your existing files.
              Ok thank you so much again @Wayne Luke

Comment