Problem with SMTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with SMTP

I am trying to configure vbulletin with my account to send notifications by email and I don't get it ... I've tried those ports and I can't get it to work ... any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	4425389

What does the email diagnostic return in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> Diagnostics?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      What does the email diagnostic return in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> Diagnostics?
      I get this in the mail when I test from: / diagnoses:

Click image for larger version  Name:	asd.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	4425416

In other tests I have done the email that comes to me is sent from my own account ... I do not understand.

I have contacted my host and they have told me this (I use the google translator since it is in Spanish)

Host:

Your program or form is configured to send messages as an external sender (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
      This is incorrect, most external providers (Hotmail, Gmail, AOL and Yahoo) do not allow messages to be sent from their senders unless the message leaves their servers.

You should modify that behavior of your program and have messages sent from a sender in your domain.

Greetings!!

Current configuration ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	asdadada.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	4425417

Comment

The email will come from the email address listed as the Webmaster Email under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          The email will come from the email address listed as the Webmaster Email under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
          I don't understand xD so why does a smtp user ask? I thought that if I created a noreply account the mail came from there ...

EDIT: @Wayne Luke It seems that now the email arrives but with a delay of about 15 - 20 minutes ... any ideas?

EDIT2: @Wayne Luke Nothing ... nothing goes on ...
          Last edited by w4term4n; Sat 26th Oct '19, 9:21am.

Comment

@Wayne Luke Ok, after trying many things, I have come to the conclusion that if someone quotes me in a post, the email arrives at my email but only when I return to the web and enter the notification section, if I don't enter the email it never arrives. .. any ideas?

EDIT: Solved, mailqueue = off.
            Last edited by w4term4n; Sat 26th Oct '19, 1:22pm.

Comment

If you have the email queue turned on, then the system only sends a few emails every 10 minutes. Even then, it requires constant traffic to your site. The system will only complete one scheduled task per user visit. This is to reduced delays the user can experience while the system is doing stuff behind the task. You can turn off the Email Queue under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings. However, if you have an emails per hour quota on the server, you may run into problems doing so.

If you have access to automation processes on your server (i.e. crontab or Windows Scheduled Tasks), there is a vb_cron.php file in the do_not_upload folder. This file can be used to offload scheduled tasks from the user experience. It should be set up to run every minute.

Wayne Luke

Comment