Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a user profile field that contains a link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a user profile field that contains a link?

Hello,
    Is it possible to create a user profile field that contains a link? Because so far it looks like I can only enter a simple text in the user profile field.
    Please let me know,
    Thanks

There is no way to do this. If you feel that this feature should be added to the system, you should create a feature request.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Just wanted to make sure I explained that properly. I mean for example, creating a user field where a user can enter YouTube video code. Once the code is entered there, on a user profile it would become a link to that video on YouTube. Something like this I mean. Are you sure this is not possible to do?
      I was able to make it work like that for the conversation_fields with a code like this:
      Code:
      vb:if condition="$userInfo['field6']"><li><label>{vb:phrase field6_title}:</label> <span><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v={vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.field6_title.val}"target="_blank">{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.field6_title.val}</a></span></li></vb:if>

Comment

There is no way to do this built into the system.

You can use your custom code to do this though. I don't know what you would need to do to build that specific link though. It is outside the scope of technical support, You would have to experiment with your code until it works.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• medved
          medved commented
          Editing a comment
          That is too bad.