• Show
Clear All

• ClarkNovak
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The problem with the second command is that all Private Messages are now a thread, not individual messages. So all Users that have interacted with the private message have to delete it for it to be truly deleted. Even if you deleted it from the user's private message mailbox, if the other participant(s) replied to it then it will appear again.

In addition to this, vBulletin 5 counts each Private Message topic towards the quotas not individual messages. We've also increased the default to 500 or 1000 so that users could participate in the vBulletin Messenger functionality which is basically real-time chat between two or more users.

Leave a comment:

• ClarkNovak
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The command in the AdminCP only deletes Private Messages sent by the user.
    But there is a "Delete Private Messages Sent By User" command, and a "Delete All User's Private Messages" command.

Are you saying that only one of these commands actually works, and it's impossible to clear users' PMs from the CP in 5.5.4?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The command in the AdminCP only deletes Private Messages sent by the user.

The only way around this is to increase the quota or allow the user to bypass the quota so that they can be deleted manually.

Leave a comment:

• ClarkNovak
    started a topic [Bug / Issue] Unable to delete user PMs from AdminCP

Unable to delete user PMs from AdminCP

Running vB 5.5.4 PL1.

I have a user who has somehow exceeded the specified limit for stored PMs, and cannot seem to delete them himself. I have used the "Delete All User's Private Messages" command from the User Profile editor in AdminCP, but the messages remain and are not deleted.

Apparently this is somehow linked to PMs stored in the user's "Sent Items" folder, some of them years old, that were carried over during the recent upgrade from vB 4.2.4.

I have even found this in my own user account (SuperAdmin), and upon manually clearing all PMs, still see hundreds of stored messages listed when examining my own profile in User Manager.

Is there any way to prune these old "phantom" messages from the database using AdminCP or an SQL command?