Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with diacritics after website hacked and restoring the db

Hello,

After the hacking issue, it seems I am having an issue with the special characters and diacritics, after restoring DB. Collation seems to be at uff8_general_ci. In the language manager is also set to UTF8. In the my.cnf file also added the client and mysql default-character-set=utf8.

The issue is all the time when I try to post diacritics, it shows me like that. I have also other 3 vbulletins forum on the same server, and are working fine. Can you please assist?

When I try to change the collation for the whole database from phpmyadmin and operations, at the phrase tabel I am receiving this error. The error doesn't occur when I am unchecking the last check from this picture.

You're missing a comma after utf8 in your query. However, this appears to be something that you need to take up with your hosting provider since their server configuration is preventing you from changing the character set and collation of your database.

Instead of converting to utf8_general_ci, you should convert to utf8mb4_swedish_ci if you wish to support diacritics now and in the future. Your character set should be utf8mb4
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I am not writing any queries, I am giving the command from phpmyadmin> operations > change collation... so the problem is the duplicate entry in the DB for key name_lang_type.

Comment

You will have to delete the duplicate records from the database.

Please note that when using a _general_ci collation, the diacritics are stripped from the indexed characters. So 'e' is the same as any variant with accents or diacritics as far as indexes or queries are concerned. When using diacritics, you should use the _swedish_ci or _unicode_ci collation variants if you want to index them and possibly support multiple languages.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 15 Oct '19, 12:10pm.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment