Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help try log in Cpanel get blank page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help try log in Cpanel get blank page?

gone on holiday for a month comeback try to go in my cpanel get blank page
    clear my CP cache still get blank page changed browser the issue remain
    any help how can I sort out will be appreciated
    thanks
    PS I haven't apply the patch yet
    voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.4

This means your site was exploited due to the lack of applying the patch.

The best way to resolve this issue is to rename your current vBulletin directory and upload a new set of vBulletin 5.5.4 PL2 files. You will need to rename the config.php.bak and /core/includes/config.php.new as if this was a new installation. You will also need to update the database information in /core/includes/config.php before the site will come back up. if you were not running vBulletin 5.5.4, you will need to run /core/install/upgrade.php. Delete the /core/install/ directory when you are don with it. Once this is done, your site will be online again.

If you store attachments in the file system and within the public_html directory, you will have to inspect all directories and remove any PHP files as well as index.html.bak.bak and .htaccess files from these directories. Same for the /core/customavatars directory if you store avatars in the file system. Once you have done this, you can move them to your new vBulletin directory. Delete the old directory from your server or you can be reinfected. If you have files outside the vBulletin directory, you will need to review all index.php files, index.html.bak.bak files and .htaccess files to make sure they are not part of the worm infecting your site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

hi wayne
      thanks for your replay got another two question
      I was
      running vBulletin 5.5.4,at the time
      how rename the current vBulletin directory as I can't enter on admin Cpanel can you elaborate for me to make easy

thanks

vBulletin Version 5.5.4

Comment

You're not actually renaming the directory...

Say your vBulletin is currently installed in /forum/. You would rename this directory to something like /forum_lkjsdflksjrsdlkfjsdlkfsdfs/. Then you would create a new /forum/ and upload the files into that directory. Once you have completed the steps above you would delete /forum_lkjsdflksjrsdlkfjsdlkfsdfs/.

Wayne Luke

Comment

hi wayne sorry to be a pain
          the forum hasn't a directory folder is open to the web server because at the time I install the forum that way as I wasn't very experienced
          never the less I found all the incriminate files and delete them I apply the
          5.5.4 PL2 files. but no joy still get Waite page when I try to log in to the Cpanel
          so where i am going wrong
          thanks for your patience

vBulletin Version 5.5.4

Comment

If you cannot log into the vBulletin AdminCP then you have an exploit file in /admincp/. This directory should be EMPTY at all times. As in zero files. In fact, it isn't even necessary for vBulletin. It is only there because people upgrading from vBulletin 4 complained it wasn't there. It will be removed from new installs in 5.5.6.

If you can't access cPanel (a completely different and unrelated product), you have to contact your hosting provider. We cannot provider support for third-party products.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I am try very hard to understand what you mean about i
              have an exploit file in /admincp/.
              can you be Kinde to tell us where I can found this
              file in /admincp server

thanks again

vBulletin Version 5.5.4

Comment

It is the very first directory in your vBulletin directory. Your vBulletin directory should look like this when viewing it in any file manager.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-11_13-33-08.png
Views:	10
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	4424313

Wayne Luke

Comment

thanksss god to have you here today you a man very very happy what a lovely day
                  done it found the admincp folder directory found two files delete them, the admincp come back alive

thankyou wayne although in England today is very dark I can see the sun
                  my sincerely regard have a lovely day

vBulletin Version 5.5.4

Comment