Title and subtitle in articles channel not aligned with body of post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title and subtitle in articles channel not aligned with body of post

We use the articles channel as our homepage to publish press releases.

When viewed on a mobile device the text in the post and the picture in the post is not justified with the title or subtitle: It appears well to the left.

How do we set the articles so that the title and content of the post are aligned?

Originally posted by jdj View Post
    We use the articles channel as our homepage to publish press releases.

When viewed on a mobile device the text in the post and the picture in the post is not justified with the title or subtitle: It appears well to the left.

How do we set the articles so that the title and content of the post are aligned?
    Anybody know the answer to this? Is there anywhere that you can set the display options for the responsive style?

Anybody know the answer to this? The title and subtitle appear to be aligned with right edge of the "1" in page numbers. The image and text in the post appear to be aligned with the left edge of the "1". Where is the setting that allows the title, subtitle, image in the post and text in the post to be aligned and left-justified?

Comment

Are you using the default vBulletin 5 theme? When I view the Articles channel on this site using a mobile device everything aligns correctly.

Have you changed the layout of the Articles page? It's hard to determine what is causing the issue if we can't replicate it.

Comment

Do you have example links that display the problem? I can't reproduce what you're describing.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Actually,

Your site seems to be missing this CSS Code:
          Code:
          .l-xsmall .article-list.conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header, .l-column-xsmall .article-list.conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header {
              margin-left: 0;
          }
          If you have edited any of the CSS templates outside of the css_additional.css template, you should revert those templates. All customizations need to be placed in the css_additional.css template so that changes in upgrades work properly.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Actually,

Your site seems to be missing this CSS Code:
            Code:
            .l-xsmall .article-list.conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header, .l-column-xsmall .article-list.conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header {
            margin-left: 0;
            }
            If you have edited any of the CSS templates outside of the css_additional.css template, you should revert those templates. All customizations need to be placed in the css_additional.css template so that changes in upgrades work properly.
            I haven't to the best of my knowledge. I've made no changes to the style for years, other than for the header image. And I've made no changes at all to the responsive style or tried to.

So I know what to look for, where does this code live?

Comment

There is no separate "responsive style." One style for every device. Are any of the CSS templates in your style listed in Red? If so they were customized and further upgrades were not able to merge in the changes.

You can find the templates in the AdminCP under Styles -> Style Manager. Then click on the <<>> button to the right of your style. Templates are grouped by type so double clicking on CSS Templates will open that group and show you all the templates in it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                There is no separate "responsive style." One style for every device. Are any of the CSS templates in your style listed in Red? If so they were customized and further upgrades were not able to merge in the changes.

You can find the templates in the AdminCP under Styles -> Style Manager. Then click on the <<>> button to the right of your style. Templates are grouped by type so double clicking on CSS Templates will open that group and show you all the templates in it.
                I did that. I went to the style, expanded all the styles, found 2 css templates that were red. I reverted both then went back to my iphone and cleared history. I then revisited the site. It hasn't made any difference, the pictures and post content are not displaying as left-aligned.

What should I try next?

Also: I'm trying to check the style out on my test installation. I've tried rebuilding all styles on that site to see what that would do. That just gives me a black white screen. Both the test site and the live site are running on 5.5.4. PL-2. When I go to the style manager as an admin with full admin permissions the live site will not let me deselect the style I'm trying to test and select one of the vbulletin themes. What do I have to do on the test site to allow myself to select the vBulletin themes? I've tried clearing the system cache, that made no difference.
                Last edited by jdj; Fri 11th Oct '19, 10:07am.

Comment