Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] TimeZone is showing wrong time

Hello VB Team,

In my forum, post time is showing wrong. The correct timezone for me is Asia/Kolkata and everywhere it is set correctly. But when I am making any post in my forum, it is showing the wrong time. What could be the issue and what is the solution? Please help.

Forum URL: https://www.bengalurubikers.com/forum/
    VB Version: 5.5.4 PL-1

Set it correct in VB Option. Daylight Savings also tried with Enable/Disable settings. Still, the time was showing wrong.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Vbulletin option for TimeZone.png Views:	0 Size:	377.5 KB ID:	4423231

info also shows correct timezone

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-09-30 at 17.49.44.png Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	4423232

But my post is showing wrong time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Forum is showing wrong time.png Views:	0 Size:	741.8 KB ID:	4423233

The setting in the AdminCP has no bearing on your personal timezone. It is used for Guest Users only and new registrations.

As the original Admin, your timezone would be set to GMT. You can set your Timezone by selecting "User Settings" from the user menu by clicking on your name in the top right corner. Then on the settings page, click on the Account tab. The Time Zone will be in the list of options.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you Wayne Luke.

Time is showing wrong for my forum members as well. Does it mean every user has to set their timezone individually? Is there any setting where the original Admin can set the timezone for the entire forum or for the particular user-group?

Comment

Yes, every member has to set their Time Zone individually. That is why the option exists.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• blrjohn07
          blrjohn07 commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright! Thank you so much. The issue is resolved.
      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X