BBCODE Autolinking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few things to try.
    1. Go into the AdminCP and turn off remote JQUERY under settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. Does this solve the issue?
    2. Next disable any javascript or ad blocking extensions in your browser. Does this solve the issue?
    3. Disable all third-party addons. Does this solve the issue?
    4. Finally:
      1. Turn your forums off.
      2. Delete the /js/ directory on your site.
      3. Upload a new copy of the /js/ directory from your version of vBulletin.
      4. Turn your forums on.

If none of these resolve the issue, you will need to provide server access. Or you can try the 5.5.6 Alpha in a test directory when it is released to customers. 5.5.6 will contain a new and upgraded version of the editor.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne.

I will give this go and report back !

On an unrelated note...what sort of upgrades could we see to the new editor ?

Comment

Primarily general bug fixes. It has been a few years since we have updated the editor. It should include better mobile support and support for newer browsers. The developers are looking into a few new features but can't discuss them until they are implemented.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne for the details, sounds good to me. Will try those suggestions later to see if it remedies the BBCODE Autlinking issue and report back.

Comment

Hello, "Disable Automatic Link Parsing Within This BB Code" still needs to be set to yes, that is the correct setting. Not sure how things could be changed without editing the editor.

Comment