Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blrjohn07
    replied
    Thank you so much Wayne Luke. This solves my problem. And of-course I will be abide by the licensing agreement. I guess now I am clear about how to move my forum from one domain to another domain (if I ever have to do that).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You will need to use the tools.php file to update the URL to your "alternate URL". The software isn't designed to run on multiple domains and will always expect the domain in the settings to be correct. When you copy a database and use in on another URL, those settings will no longer be correct and the software won't work.

When I am trying to login directly to admincp by using this url https://www.letsclick.in/bbforum/admicp I am getting this error message "No permissions on node id 1"

Okay, let me explain you again what exactly I am looking for and please let me know how can I achieve that?
    This issue is caused by removing permission for guest users to view the HOME PAGE node. This should never be done in the software as it will cause many problems, including preventing you from logging into the AdminCP. You won't be able to use the software on your "Alternate URL" until you update the location with tools.php.

It should also be noted, that your license only allows a single installation of the software on one domain. We do not allow for alternate URLs in the licensing agreement.

Leave a comment:

• blrjohn07
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Make sure that you're accessing the site from the proper protocol. You cannot mix HTTP and HTTPS.
    I am accessing the site with HTTPS.

My live forum is on this url https://www.bengalurubikers.com/forum and I am trying to take database backup from my live site and restore to an alternative domain where I can do all the test. And the alternative domain is https://www.letsclick.in/bbforum

Make sure that your content security protocol allows iframes from your site. The login box uses an iFrame.
    Can you run me through some step by step guidelines to check this security protocol? How do I check if the protocol allows iframes from my site?

The System Error is still a database error of some sort. If your site is properly configured, then the email address listed as the technical contact in the /core/includes/config.php file will receive an email.

Try logging into the AdminCP directly by adding /admincp to your URL.
    I have not received any email about database error.

When I am trying to login directly to admincp by using this url https://www.letsclick.in/bbforum/admicp I am getting this error message "No permissions on node id 1"

Okay, let me explain you again what exactly I am looking for and please let me know how can I achieve that?

I have a forum running on this url https://www.bengalurubikers.com/forum

I have taken database backup from cpanel. I want to restore it to my alternative domain which is https://www.letsclick.in/bbforum

I have restored the database on the alternative cpanel. Edited config files of latest vb 5.5.5. I have run the upgrade successfully on the alternative domain.

Now when I am trying to login to the alternative domain, its just not working. Neither I am able to login to the forum nor I am able to access to the Admincp.

So please help me to achieve just this.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Make sure that you're accessing the site from the proper protocol. You cannot mix HTTP and HTTPS.

Make sure that your content security protocol allows iframes from your site. The login box uses an iFrame.

The System Error is still a database error of some sort. If your site is properly configured, then the email address listed as the technical contact in the /core/includes/config.php file will receive an email.

Try logging into the AdminCP directly by adding /admincp to your URL.

Leave a comment:

• blrjohn07
    replied
    Hi Wayne Luke,

As mentioned above, I am unable to get username and password field. Its showing nothing but just a blank page. When I go to the auth login. It is giving me username and password field. After adding my credential when I click on the "Login" button, its redirecting me to my live site.

Please help. There must be some solution. If you need server access permission. I will provide you.

I am getting this username and password field via auth login form

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 21.05.13.png
Views:	106
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	4425590

But when I am clicking on the Log in button, its taking me to the live forum and giving below error.

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 21.09.07.png
Views:	60
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	4425591

I am unable to test the VB 5.5.5

Leave a comment:

• blrjohn07
    commented on 's reply
    I will share the server details with you. Should I send via email ? or PM ? Please let me know.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The redirect is the problem. I don't know what that is occurring and wouldn't be able to tell without access to the server.

Leave a comment:

• blrjohn07
    replied
    My test site is on this url nijohn.com/TheNewBB2019. There is no SSL for this domain. When I am trying /auth/login-form, it is re-directing to my live site. For the domain nijohn.com I have never set any domain forward settings as well.

Debug mode, I see this

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 01.00.59.png Views:	0 Size:	78.9 KB ID:	4423414

I tried to login to Admin panel (nijohn.com/TheNewBB2019/admincp), its showing "No permission on node id 1"

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 01.01.23.png Views:	0 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	4423415

I have no clue now how will I solve this.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A PHP error most likely. I don't know how to fix it because I don't know what the error is. What if you go to /auth/login-form on your site?

What does it say if you put the site into debug mode?

Leave a comment:

• blrjohn07
    replied
    Thank you so much Wayne Luke.

I am testing on a different domain. Restored database and run upgrade script for vb 5.5.4 PL-1. Everything went smooth. Couple of times it was getting stuck at 12% then 22%. I just had to refresh the page and again click on Upgrade button. Finally it completed.

And now I am unable to get the Username and Password section. Its coming was blank white section. Please see the below image.

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 23.45.13.png
Views:	142
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	4423388

What could be the issue ? and how can I fix this ?
    Last edited by blrjohn07; Tue 1st Oct '19, 10:23am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Delete your vBulletin directory.
    Upload a new copy of vBulletin 5.5.4 Patch Level 1.
    Restore your database from backup. Using a new database name, password, and username.
    Update your config.php file to point to this new database.
    Run the vBulletin 5.5.4 PL1 upgrade script.

Leave a comment:

• blrjohn07
    started a topic A system error has occured

A system error has occured

Hello VB Team,

My forum url: https://www.bangalorebikers.com/forum

I am facing this issue right now. When I am trying to access my forum, it is showing "A System Error has occured". I am not able to access the forum as well as the admin panel.

I uploaded "install" directory into the "core" directory and uploaded "tools.php" file. When I am trying to access this "https://www.bangalorebikers.com/foru...tall/tools.php", its showing me

"no_vb5_database"

I am worried about the forum right now.

Please help.

Update:

I just checked my cpanel > file manager, I can see somebody hacked my forum database.

I can see lot of files with this name "a0README_DO_DOT_IGNORE.php"

Name:	Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 16.15.17.png
Views:	225
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	4422917

And this is what written in the file

Name:	Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 16.12.23.png
Views:	136
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	4422918

What is the solution now ?
    Last edited by blrjohn07; Fri 27th Sep '19, 2:47am.