Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Can't use HTML in channel description

Hello,

After I have updated to the 5.5.4 security patch 1 version of vB5 I've been having some issues with posting HTML within the channel description. Other channels I have created it was able to work... now all I get it just the code instead of the end result.

Example: http://prntscr.com/pbjkk3

This is a permissions issue. Your user needs the "Can Use HTML" permission to be able to use HTML within the Channel Descriptions. You cannot use HTML within Channel Names.

You can set this permission per channel under Channels -> Channel Permissions. If you set the permission in a parent channel say "Forums" then all children that do not have custom permissions will inherit that change.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      This is a permissions issue. Your user needs the "Can Use HTML" permission to be able to use HTML within the Channel Descriptions. You cannot use HTML within Channel Names.

You can set this permission per channel under Channels -> Channel Permissions. If you set the permission in a parent channel say "Forums" then all children that do not have custom permissions will inherit that change.
      Thank you sir for the information. I was able to fix this issue.

Comment