Admin Control panel page is blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Control panel page is blank

After entering my credentials it redirects me to a blank white page.

So today I went to my site on my mobile device only to be directed to a “congratulations you are a winner” page. My site was infected with Malware !
    i contacted my server and they stated the dedicated server and hosting does NOT include security and was directed to Site Lock. After shelling out $450 bucks (not happy about that) and two hours later the site was back up and they informed me all the malware was successfully removed.

Now I cannot access my ACP
    Any help, or suggestions?

Site lock said it was a server issue and to contact them. The server said it sounds like a VB issue (to be honest the serve tech didn’t sound very confident)

Thanks in advance

Had this problem earlier today, Wayne Luke told me how to fix it.

In your public folder you have an admincp folder. That folder shouldn't have any files in it. All your admincp files are stored in the core/admincp folder instead. So check the folder in your public folder and if there are any files in it, delete them.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...to-the-admincp

Here's the topic I made this morning with Wayne's explanation.

-edit-

You should also look over your files and folders very carefully. There was a huge zero day exploit that affected tons of VB sites, mine included. You could have a lot of malicious files loaded onto your server. If possible, you may want to do a clean install and then upgrade to the new security patch.
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

Sorry to sound naive but where is the public folder located and how do I access it?

I have the lastest version of VB and PHP and paid VB for the professional install and upgrade. Isn’t this something THEY should correct and fix for me? After all it appears it was an attack on a TON of their customers.

Then this evening after the the fact I get an e mail about a “security patch”.................. Looking for the roll eyes emoji.

Comment

I am in the same situation with 4 accounts, and all of them are full of malware. The thing I managed to do is search for index.html.bak and check and delete also the index.php in that folder as it was infected. Reuploading the vbulletin script, won`t correct the issue where the files are not overwritten. Vbulletin needs to provide a script for us to correct this issue, as our websites were hacked because of this product. Also, how can we check if the DB was not injected also with malware?
        Last edited by Cristi_XP; Thu 26th Sep '19, 10:46pm.

Comment

We provide a diagnostic tool in the AdminCP that checks all files within the /core/ directory and reports those that have been altered or do not belong to vBulletin. This is why we recommend uploading a new set of files first. That makes sure that your original vBulletin files haven't been modified. This tool has been available for over a decade and should be run after every upgrade to get rid of obsolete files. Maintenance -> Diagnostics.

Though, on a hacked site, the recommendation is to upload a new set of files in a NEW directory. Then once you move over attachments and customavatars, you can delete the old directory and all of its contents, hacked or not. We can't check files outside of the vBulletin directory because we would have nothing to reference them against.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Im screwed as well. Even my servers log in credentials are saying its wrong password. I cant even get into it. Scared my site is next.

Comment

Ok i have access to my cpanel. Glenn Vergara used to be my tech but i think he may have passed away. Hes been MIA for a while now. Even when traveling he would always return emails. Is there a screenshot available of what the /admincp looks like?

Or a step by step?

Comment

My file was empty as well. Really concerned. Im VB 5.5 with PHP 7.2

Comment

Comment

I would do this:
                    1. Create a new directory.
                    2. Upload vBulletin to this directory.
                    3. Edit the config.php file to point to your existing database.
                    4. Rename your old directory something like lawskjrwpojaslkfrjweoriuwejlrksajdfrlse i.e. a random string of characters.
                    5. Rename the new directory to match the name of your previous vBulletin directory.
                    6. Then inspect your attachment and customavatars directories for any files out of place. All files in the attachment directory should be XXXX.attach. All files in the customavatar directory should be image files.
                    7. If you don't see any, move them to the new directory and delete the randomly named one.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      I would do this:
                      1. Create a new directory.
                      2. Upload vBulletin to this directory.
                      3. Edit the config.php file to point to your existing database.
                      4. Rename your old directory something like lawskjrwpojaslkfrjweoriuwejlrksajdfrlse i.e. a random string of characters.
                      5. Rename the new directory to match the name of your previous vBulletin directory.
                      6. Then inspect your attachment and customavatars directories for any files out of place. All files in the attachment directory should be XXXX.attach. All files in the customavatar directory should be image files.
                      7. If you don't see any, move them to the new directory and delete the randomly named one.
                      I need Glenn and he is nowhere to be found. I always paid him for this. I need a new tech.

Comment

You should open a support ticket.

Wayne Luke

Comment

You should open a support ticket.
                          Is that just a paid fix through VB? Be really nice to have a tech service from VB. Where would i find that Wayne?

Comment

Restoring your site will be handled by vBulletin Support Techs. refer them to this topic if there is any issue. You open a ticket the same way you always have by email [email protected] or clicking the "Submit Ticket" link in the footer of every page of these forums.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Restoring your site will be handled by vBulletin Support Techs. refer them to this topic if there is any issue. You open a ticket the same way you always have by email [email protected] or clicking the "Submit Ticket" link in the footer of every page of these forums.
                              Thanks Wayne. I hope this helps. We are bummed.

Comment