X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You need to upgrade to vBulletin 5.4.4 Patch Level 1 as soon as it is available. This should happen shortly.

Once it is available, I recommend deleting all non-image files in your vBulletin directory. Make sure to keep attachments with the .attach extension. Then upload the new files. Then run the upgrade script.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 25 Sep '19, 10:38am.

Leave a comment:

• vBulletin forum infected with malicious code

Hello,

I received an email today from my hosting provider stating that "malicious code was detected on your website and a huge number of email spam messages originating from it".

The site, which runs Version 5.4.2 of vBulletin, has been limited and is currently unaccessible.

Within my site's cPanel is a list of "all domains infected with malicious code with information on the exact location of the malware and the date that code was detected".

However, I am unsure how to proceed with regards to removing this malware - and don't want to play about with or delete stuff, potentially causing further problems.

Is this something vBulletin could assist with, or would I have to use some third party service?