Emails are delayed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails are delayed.

I've set up notifications so that emails go out to users without delay. The task manager is set up to send batch emails every 10 minutes (which is the default). However, emails are not going out for hours.
    Anything else I need to do to fix this issue?
    Thanks

Are you using a the inbuilt "Sendmail" function to send out emails or are you using an SMTP relay.

Comment

built-in Sendmail function

Comment

Is the site always active? CRON jobs only run if the site is active.

By "active" I mean a user is actively using the site.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
          Is the site always active? CRON jobs only run if the site is active.

By "active" I mean a user is actively using the site.
          I guess not. Because my site is brand new and I just launched it. So just started to advertise.
          Is there a way to "keep the site active" automatically, without having a user visiting?

Comment

Originally posted by Doc55 View Post

I guess not. Because my site is brand new and I just launched it. So just started to advertise.
            Is there a way to "keep the site active" automatically, without having a user visiting?
            There is probably a way to run a "keep active" script but Wayne Luke would be the best person to answer that question for you.

CRON jobs only run when there is an active user on the site.

Comment

I suggest two things.

1) Switch to SMTP. Every hosting provider that offers email addresses to their customers offers an STMP server.
              2) Turn off the email queue completely. Set "Use Cron Based Sending" to No.

Both of these can be accomplished in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks Wayne, this helped me too, I have also set the Cron based jobs to no

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X