Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Module Thread Display Issue

Hello,

I have a content module (Search Module) set to display the latest topics on our forum. In the module setup, we have selected the forums we want the module to look at. For obvious reasons we de-selected our private Admin forum from the sources selection so that topics do not show up. However, even though the Admin forum is not selected, it is still displaying contents from that section. Please see below attachments showing the current settings we are using on the Search Module...which work fine other than the Admin section contents being picked up.

Any Idea why this would be ? I must have overlooked something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC1.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	4421897

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	4421898

If you need any more details please do ask.

Thanks,
    P

Clear your system cache after making changes to modules for immediate change results.

However, topics only show to users that have permission to view them. Even in searches.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for your feedback ! Good point with regards to users not having permissions to view a particular forum will not see any given thread from that section on the Search Module. That being said though (I have cleared my cache), I am an Admin and I can see the Search Module picking up a new thread from within the Admin forum, even though the Search module is set specifically to not look at the Admin forums for content, it still shows up. It is not a huge issue, BUT it does say to me that the Search Module is either not entirely listening to the configuration it has been given...or I have done something wrong.

Looking at my settings I can see no reason for it to pick up content from my Admin forum, regardless of me being in the Admin usergroup the Search Module should still not show it .

Comment

We would need access to a copy of the database to determine what the issue is.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Which database would you require ?

Comment

Your site database.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Understood, I will get this sent along to you, where would you like it sent ? I would assume not in the open forum for the sakes of security.

Further to the Search module picking up content in my Administrators forum, it is also picking up content from my news section, again which it should not.

Thanks,
              P

Comment

You can upload it to your favorite Cloud Sharing site (i.e. Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive) and provide the link via a support ticket by email [email protected]. Reference this thread in the content of the support ticket.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Great thanks, will get on that tomorrow !

Comment

I can actually recreate the issue on this forum. I've created a bug for the developers to look at it as a regression.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      I can actually recreate the issue on this forum. I've created a bug for the developers to look at it as a regression.
                      Oh awesome, well not awesome it is a bug but awesome you managed to find it. Can I assume that a bug fix for this would be released in 5.5.5 or would it be an incremental fix ?

Comment

Hopefully, it will get resolved in 5.5.5. I can't make guarantees though. 5.5.5 development is entering its last 2 weeks.

It is a regression but not really high priority. I also think it tracks back to 5.5.3 and not actually 5.5.4.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks for the update Wayne, I figured this would end up being something released in the next main release. Interesting if it goes back to 5.5.3. Hopefully it gets fixed in 5.5.5. Out of interest, is this a hardcoded issue that needs to be fixed or could this be manually fixed by an end user ?

Cheers,
                          P

Comment

Its a bug in the software so the developers need to look at it. There were some optimizations to how the information for that module is gathered and this can be a result of those changes. it was probably missed in testing and by most customers because they don't limit the forums shown in the module. I only noticed it here because I limit posts from one specific forum that doesn't get a lot of traffic. It took a while to notice because I don't enter the site through the front-page but through specialized bookmarks for specific searches.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I will wait for the next release, not a huge issue but would be a nice thing to tidy up. As for not noticing it straight away. Even though I limit a fair few of m forums from showing on that Search Module, it took me a little while to notice it. At least it is reported and in the system. Fingers crossed for a fix soonish.

Comment