Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible CKE Bug, Cannot De-select ''Link'' Feature

Hello all,

A user reported an issue on my VB site running 5.5.3. If a user creates a post using the LINK feature in order to link to a content source, if said user goes back to edit the post and remove the link, you seemingly cant. You can click on the ''Remove Link'' link and it will remove the link from the editor, but when trying to save the post, it will alert you to the fact there is no link inserted and will fail to submit.

Of course the logical next step after removing the link would be to then click on the blue link icon in the top left of the editor to turn the feature off so a user can submit the post, however clicking on the link icon seemingly does nothing. This leaves the user forced to insert a link in order to submit the post. I created a short screencast showing the issue as attached.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    P
    Attached Files

The Link Content Type requires a URL. This is by design. It is the entire point of having a LINK content type. This isn't related to CKEditor.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      The Link Content Type requires a URL. This is by design. It is the entire point of having a LINK content type. This isn't related to CKEditor.
      I understand that, however if you wanted to edit your post and REMOVE the link content entirely and just keep the post element, that does not seem possible. Which seems like a bug, if not a bug then it is certainly a functionality issue.

Comment

The same issue was reported here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...emoving-a-link

Its old, but one would assume the issue was fixed. If so, then it is broken again.

Comment

It isn't considered a bug so there is nothing to fix. The Link Content type requires a URL. Once you create a post with a specific content type, you cannot change the content type.

There is a Feature Request in our Issue Tracker that would provide an interface so an Administrator or Moderator can change the content type after a post is created.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Understood, would be a handy feature if you could have free will to change this after the fact for sure. Some of my users expect to be able to turn it off so to speak and submit the post normal and logically I can understand their viewpoint as most users will not understand that it essentially locks that post into a linked content mode permanently.

Comment

It can be changed before the initial submit. It cannot be changed on Editing.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks for the headsup

Comment