No announcement yet.

server load issue (cache oprimization)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why, now my site is not accessible and I can't log in in the adminCP

Comment

That is something to ask your host.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I just tried an upgrade to 5.5.3 and it seems to work. But the speed is always very low, expecially for mobile version:
        https://developers.google.com/speed/....it&tab=mobile

Comment

Tests like that don't always reflect real world usage. It will not take advantage of the end-users system cache or other tools to speed up web page display. On my machine and with a clean browser cache, your site takes 7.56 seconds to load. This is actually excessive and the delays can be broken down into three locations.
          1. Time To First Byte - This is the amount of time the browser waits for the server to send the page back. For your site, this is high. 1.4 to 1.5 seconds. This is highly server dependent. If you put the site into Debug mode, you will probably see that less than a second is spent building the page with PHP and MySQL. Probably less than half a second.
          2. Facebook Inclusions - Including the Facebook code in your module adds a couple of seconds of download time to the first load of your page. After the first page load, it adds almost no time to the page.
          3. Your logo is broken. This will add 400 to 1500 milliseconds to the page load because the browser will tell the server to find it.
          After the first page load, subsequent loads take about 2 seconds to load the page into a viewable state. It is still doing things behind the scenes but users can view the page around 2 seconds.

However there are a couple of things you can do to speed things up a bit.

On the server...
          1. Make sure the opcache library is installed in PHP. This will store compiled versions of your files in the server's memory and speed up execution. Your hosting provider shouldn't complain about adding this because it is a caching module.

In the AdminCP...
          1. Go to Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options.
            • Set the system to store CSS in the file system.
          2. Go to Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options.
            • Make sure that Cached Post lifespan is at least 7 days.
            • Make sure that Cache Node Data is set to Yes.
            • Make Sure that Early Flush is set to Yes.
            • Set Guest Caching to 5 minutes.
            • Set Search Caching Lifetime to 5 Minutes.
          3. Go to Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options
            • Make sure that "Add standard headers" is set to no.
          4. Under Maintenance -> Clear the System Cache.
          Finally, on the front end using Site Builder, upload your Logo by clicking on Header then editing the Logo.
          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 30th Aug '19, 1:04pm.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thank you Wayne Luke, I've just done the steps you suggested:
            1. Zend OPcache results "Up and running" on the server;
            2. set the last two points as the others were already set as you advice;
            3. ok, it was already set as you advice;
            4. done.
            Logo charged.

It seems there is no improvement in charging speed. If you have other advices, please let me know.

Comment

I am seeing a benefit as a guest user -
              103 requests
              32.5 KB transferred
              4.0 MB resources
              Finish: 3.27 s
              DOMContentLoaded: 1.22 s
              Load: 1.66 s

This is a significant improvement over the first time I visited your site.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you Wayne Luke, I also tried to follow other tips found online, it seems a bit faster than before.
                The hoster says that their issue is the CPS Bound: more than 50 connections per second to the site (exp. the home page takes fragments from other sites, like RSS etc.).
                How to improve CPS? They say:
                - Use a cache plugin with Minify HTML
                - Combine JS
                - Combine CSS

Comment

Originally posted by blade00 View Post
                  Thank you Wayne Luke, I also tried to follow other tips found online, it seems a bit faster than before.
                  The hoster says that their issue is the CPS Bound: more than 50 connections per second to the site (exp. the home page takes fragments from other sites, like RSS etc.).
                  How to improve CPS? They say:
                  - Combine JS
                  - Combine CSS
                  As mentioned above, don't do any of that. You can't with vB5 anyhow.

Like I said earlier, you are using a paid, professional script. If there was any need for the above, there would be posts everywhere asking about it.

I recall from the original issue I dealt with that the core issue is a badly configured and / or oversold shared server.

You need a better host.

Tell your host you are using a paid professional script used on many thousands of sites worldwide, and if their platform cannot run it then you will find one that can. Literally millions of hosts out there.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Ok, thank you all, I'll verify with the hoster if they can accept the current performance of the site or I have to move elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by blade00 View Post
                      - Combine JS
                      - Combine CSS
                      We already do this.
                      1. HTML is gzipped before sending it to the browser. It can't be any more minimized than this. This is usually around a 10:1 compression ratio.
                      2. JavaScript is combined into "rollup" files. These files contain the code needed for the page in question and are cached in the user's browser for 90 days. After the first load they are not requested from the server again until you update the software to the next version.
                      3. CSS is combined in a single file were possible. Some pages require additional files. CSS files are cached in the user's browser for 90 days. After the first load they are not requested from the server again until you update the software to the next version.
                      You can see this in action using your browser's developer tools.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X