Style and Template Customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style and Template Customization

I am new to vB and I don't know how the styles and templates are structured in the background.
    I renamed one of the styles that came originally with vB installation in the AdminCP and made some CSS changes. Now I need to change some of the template files (header and so on) in the Style Manager.
    If I make changes to the style template, will these files stay the same every time vB is updated or will they be overridden by the default files?

Templates are actually stored in the database at this time. If you customize a template, you're most likely making a copy of it and storing that copy in the database. The system will use it over the default template. When you upgrade your site to the next version, the system will determine if the original of your modified template was changed. If it was changed, it will try to merge those changes to your copied template. If it cannot do so, it will skip the merge and preserve your copy. You will then be notified of this in the AdminCP when you log in after upgrading.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X