Header Hook in Mobile View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Hook in Mobile View

I made a template and a hook and placed it in header_toolbar. It is working as expected.
    When I view the site on a mobile device, the template/hook is not there. Looking at the source code, I see that the hook has been removed from the mobile view of the site.
    How can I add a hook in the header_toolbar or similar location so that it also appears on mobile/small screen view?

Thanks

They should appear if you're using a mobile browser such as Safari on iOS or Chrome on Android. Hooks do not work in the Mobile Suite of Apps. The Apps provide their own UI and do not use the vBulletin Template system. This is to keep data transmission rates low.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I'm using chrome on an android phone. Also, when I test it on a big screen desktop computer, when I make the browser window small the hook disappears and doesn't show up.
      The header_head hook is there. But the header_toolbar hook disappears.

Comment

The header toolbar will collapse into a menu on a phone (and smaller screens). When you expand the menu, you don't see your toolbar entry added by the hook?

Wayne Luke

Comment

The search box and the channel-subtabbar move into the menu and I can see them when I click on the menu. But the hooks that I placed in toolbar disappear.

Comment

I can actually recreate the issue. This should be considered a bug. I would suspect it should show above the "Search Box" just like in standard mode. You should create a bug report and detail each step to recreate it. The developers will review and assign it to a version to be resolved.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you. Will do.
              Meanwhile, can you suggest a workaround to have a hook in mobile view?

Comment

Add the code to a different hook. Maybe header_after_body_begin or header_before_notices.

Or add a second instance to one of those hooks and hide it based on screen size using a CSS media query.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/..._media_queries

Wayne Luke

Comment