Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have an issue where new posts to threads don't show up in the Recent Posts widget. Mine & Mods' do but I think members' don't.

Not sure what's up. I tried clearing the VB cache on the server but that didn't help. Bit lost really. Using latest VB production release.

New Posts and Recent Posts are two different things in vBulletin Lexicon. New Posts refers to posts that you haven't read yet. Whereas recent posts will include read and unread posts.

What is are the options set to on your Recent Posts module?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi, The module is called 'Latest Posts' and it's a 'Search Module'

JSON = {"date":{"from":"7"},"type":["vBForum_Text"],"channel":["16","17","19"],"sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}

Please see attachment for more settings.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	search module.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	4420744

Comment

You're excluding your search to TEXT content. This would exclude Photo Galleries, Polls, Events, and Videos/Links. If your users create this type of content, then it won't show in the results. Remove the type directive from the JSON and see if that works better.

You also have the results limited to three forum channels on your site. Are your users able to post in those channels?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne Luke That did the trick.

Comment