Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imgur BBCODE, hyperlinks my users post content

Hey all,

So I recently created a BBCODE to allow users of my site to embed imgur content into posts. The below is the replacement code used (Works fine)

Code:
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/idhere"><a href={option}"</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    However, if a user uses the Imgur BBCODE and then carries onto type written content, upon submitting the post, the Imgur content gets embedded successfully, but for some reason the written content gets a hyperlink applied to it. If you click on the text however it will not refer you to the imgur website but simply to a page on my site stating the following

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    I have looked at my replacement code and cannot see what in there would cause the written post portion to get hyperlinked when the post is submitted.

This is what my test post looks like prior to submission

Click image for larger version

Name:	Prior.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	4420483

This is what it looks like after being submitted, you will see my post text is hyperlinked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	4420480

I am on VB 5.5.3

Thanks in advance !
    Attached Files

This isn't right:

<a href={option}"</a>

To be correct html, that should be:

<a href="{option}"></a>

Even then it should have something between the tags but it might not be needed with the Imgur embed code.

That's why the text below is hyperlinked, the tags aren't opened and closed properly.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment