Allow more words in articles title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow more words in articles title

How do I allow more words in articles title?

Thanks
    Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
    www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

The title is limited to 512 characters. How long do you want it to be?

This is 512 characters:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Ste
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Mines doesn't show that many words.

Click image for larger version  Name:	articles.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	4420468
      Attached Files
      www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

Comment

What should the title say? Titles should be concise. That is a perfectly acceptable title.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          What should the title say? Titles should be concise. That is a perfectly acceptable title.
          The title spans over 2 lines. I just want it to be 1 line

Also it doesn't allow me to add more words in the titles.
          www.koboxingforum.com

Comment

Titles are restricted to a specific width of the screen space so the layout works on multiple devices from 5 inch phones to 20+ inch computer monitors. This is separate from the request in your first post and has nothing to do with the number of words but rather actual space.

You can change the space by adding the code below to your css_additional.css template and adjusting the percentage as needed. You can access your css_additional.css template in the Style Manager or within Site Builder by clicking on Style then Edit CSS.

Code:
            .conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header {
                width: 60%;
            }

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Titles are restricted to a specific width of the screen space so the layout works on multiple devices from 5 inch phones to 20+ inch computer monitors. This is separate from the request in your first post and has nothing to do with the number of words but rather actual space.

You can change the space by adding the code below to your css_additional.css template and adjusting the percentage as needed. You can access your css_additional.css template in the Style Manager or within Site Builder by clicking on Style then Edit CSS.

Code:
              .conversation-list.stream-view .list-item-header .post-header {
              width: 60%;
              }
              Thanks that worked. At 60% it wasn't all in one line. Everything is fine at 70%. I'll test it on my phone once I activate the forum in the next day or two.

How do I add more words to the titles?

This is the error message I get:

Maximum number of characters exceeded in the title. It cannot be more than 85 characters.
              www.koboxingforum.com

Comment

Settings > Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Maximum Characters Per Topic/Post Title

However, this setting will affect all areas of the site (eg topics, blogs etc), not just articles.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                  Settings > Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Maximum Characters Per Topic/Post Title

However, this setting will affect all areas of the site (eg topics, blogs etc), not just articles.
                  Thanks Mark. I'll keep an eye on it if it starts messing up other sections I'll put it back to 85.

www.koboxingforum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X