Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NumNum
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to see these words of appreciation. I don't think the staff hear that enough on this site. I agree, he is DA MAN!

• ACLineman
    replied
    Wayne you are the man !!
    That did the trick and thank you sir!

love this help forum.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is an issue if you're not using UTF-8 that posts created on an iPhone with "Curly Quotes" that can cause posts to get caught off. This is a UTF-8 configuration issue on the server.

What is the HTML Character set that you are using? You can see this in the AdminCP under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Edit the settings for the English Language. It should be listed in the options. Make sure the HTML Character Set is UTF-8 (case sensitive).

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    replied
    I see that this site is running the same 5.5.3 version as I am and posting here with the same phone maybe its a setting on my site causing the conflict?

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    replied
    Thanks
    So when a user posting on my site (like I am posting here) and they are using an I phone (so far 6 or 7, could be others) the post only shows a few words after they hit send and the post is displayed. The rest of the text in the post is simply missing and cut off. Heres a screen shot. And FWIW I am posting here using an I phone 6

Last edited by ACLineman; Wed 14th Aug '19, 3:20pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    By some places, I mean within the software. The user's location in the physical world is not relevant to anything here. In some places, only a snippet of the post will be displayed. This is by design. It is supposed to lead you into the main discussion while providing a preview. '

And yes, I mean screenshots displaying the issue. I cannot replicate the issue on my iPhone. Neither on this site or on yours. No steps or instructions required to replicate the issue were provided. We need information to understand and help resolve the problem.

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    replied
    Also had a user with an i 7 just try to post and it also has the same issue

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    replied
    Not sure what you mean when you say in some places only part of the posts would be shown? Places like in parts of the world?

My phone is 12.0.1

are you wanting a picture of what the cut off post looks like?
    Sorry about my lack of knowledge and thanks again in advance

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    In some places, only part of the post would be shown. Though it could be an issue with the older iPhone. Are these devices using iOS 12? If not, the first course of action would be to upgrade the OS on the device. A lot changes in 5 years.

Otherwise, please post pictures of the issue taken from the device with the problem.

Leave a comment:

• ACLineman
    started a topic 5.5.3 and I phones. Posts getting cut off

5.5.3 and I phones. Posts getting cut off

Hello,
    we just had VB upgrade and install to 5.5.3 to my website and noticed when users using I phone 6's that only the first few words are appearing and the rest of the text is cut off and missing. Not sure if it's all I phones but myself and another user are using these i 6's and it's happening. Now from my I pad, PC's or Android phones it's a none issue.

Any advice or fixes for this?

Thanks in advance