Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit Site -Problem with Module (Ad and HTML)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Site -Problem with Module (Ad and HTML)

Hello!

I just made the migration from vB4 to vB5 and I have a problem inserting my forum advertising banners

I need to insert a banner on my page, for that I need to insert Google AdManager code

I have tried it in two ways:

Active "Edit Site" - "Edit page" I have created 2 modules (to try both ways to enter my Google AdMananer code)

1 - "Ad Module" (This is the method that I prefer)
    The problem: I configure everything OK but when I enter the HTML code of the ad (It's a Google AdManager code) it gives me the error:

Error information: " 0 error "

2 - "Static HTML Module"
    The problem: When I add the HTML module to the page and click on the edit icon the form to enter the HTML code does not appear ..

Anyone know how to solve these problems?

White list your site for your ad blocking extension and/or Internet Protection software. This will allow the proper JavaScript to run.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hello
      thanks for your answer
      I'm checking and I don't use any AdBlocker (I've tried with Chrome, Explorer and Mozila)

I have also tried on another PC but I have the same error.

Can you think of anything else you can look at? For me it is very important to be able to use any of these modules to show the advertising.

Thank you

Comment

Hello

I am trying to enter the Google AdManager code directly into the template (Without using the Ad or HTML Module) and it does not allow me ... every time I enter I modify the template by entering the ad code it gives me an error when saving ..

I get the feeling that the forum does not allow me to enter any code

Comment

What is the error that you're getting in the template editor?

There shouldn't be any problem adding properly written HTML or JavaScript code into the templates.

The blocking of modules is caused by something on your computers. They are 100% driven by Javascript. So if you have anything on your machine that restricts Javascript whether it is an extension, ad blocking by the browser itself (just a built in extension), prevent JavaScript or cookies from working in your browser settings, or have excessive anti-virus settings then you will have problems.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hello

After "touching" and testing, I made it work, he also had to modify the Google Admanager code:

The past of this code:
            <! - / 77581377 / B1 ->
            <div id = 'div-gpt-ad-15653xxxxxxxxx-x' style = 'width: 970px; height: 250 px; '>
            <script>
            googletag.cmd.push (function () {googletag.display ('div-gpt-ad-xxxxxxxxx');});
            </script>
            </div>

to this other
            <div id = 'div-gpt-ad-15653xxxxxxxxx-x' style = 'width: 970px; height: 250 px; '>
            <script>
            googletag.cmd.push (function () {googletag.display ('div-gpt-ad-xxxxxxxxx');});
            </script>
            </div>

I continue with the second problem

2 - "Static HTML Module"
            The problem: When I add the HTML module to the page and click on the edit icon the form to enter the HTML code does not appear ..

Comment

Code:
              <! - / 77581377 / B1 ->
              The above snippet is invalid HTML. If it is supposed to be an HTML comment it should be:
              Code:
              <!-- / 77581377 / B1 -->
              Using invalid HTML Code can cause problems.

In the second instance, follow the instructions I provided in your other topic. I suspect when vBulletin 5 is installed properly without extraneous files that things will work better.

Wayne Luke

Comment