Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Blocking VPNs should be done on the server or router level, not within the vBulletin software. Still it is cat and mouse. Anyone can rent a Cloud Server for 5 cents an hour and set up a VPN. Trying to do it in the software would be closer to Whack-A-Mole.

Searching the web, you will find that there are many tutorials on how to set up blocking on servers. As well as how to bypass such blocking if need be.

Leave a comment:

• voyger
    replied
    hi wayne just was test come in with VPN browser and the browser couldn't found the forum
    is not on my idea to use the VPN I haven't nothing to hide
    just want it to know how you do it here
    protect against network attacks,want to implement on my forum
    got hundred use banned as they come in with VPN check there IP on clean talk they are all spammer so they get banned
    want to know how you do here
    protect against network attacks is there a option on panel or have to be done trough the server host

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you mean trying to access this site, our NOC would have blocked certain VPNs to protect against network attacks or comply with international privacy laws. Those of us with vBulletin have no control over this and we cannot get it overridden.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    If anything like that is blocked it’s at server level, not at vBulletin level. Your hosts can best advise.

Leave a comment:

• voyger
    started a topic VPN and forum.vbulletin.com?

VPN and forum.vbulletin.com?

hi
    today I was try to login here with VPN I get this
    Hmmm... cannot reach this page
    I was curios how can I do it on my forum if user they use VPN they will receive a error, in other word can somebody tell me where to set
    to refuse user come in with VPN.hope you get what I mean

thanks