Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site access issue

Hi everyone, I just had an issue with my site, this is the debug mode log:

Error : Database error in vBulletin 5.4.0: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM cache WHERE `cacheid` IN ('453a62c209e884f4d35a4838504e7166'); MySQL Error : Table './fiattipo43762/cache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired Error Number : 145 Request Date : Tuesday, August 6th 2019 @ 03:52:41 PM Error Date : Tuesday, August 6th 2019 @ 03:52:41 PM Script : http://www.fiattipoclub.it/ Referrer : IP Address : 91.252.212.237 Username : Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi MySQL Version : on line 1189 in /home/mhd-01/www.fiattipoclub.it/htdocs/core/vb/database.php

Can you please help me to understand?
    Thanks

The first suggestion I would make is to upgrade your forums to version 5.5.3. Version 5.4.0 is considerably outdated. The upgrade will most likely fix your issue.

The second (if for some reason you choose not to upgrade) would be to clear your cache. If you cannot access the AdminCP you can clear your cache through your hosting control panel. Typically you would do this by accessing the database directly through PHPMyAdmin or a similar program and then dropping the contents from the cache table. Your host can assist you with this if necessary.

Comment

Thank you, I'm worried to update because in the past I had the site crashed for days for doing an update. I can't access to adminCP, I just found in phpmyadmin the opportunity to:
      "TRUNCATE" or "DROP" the table, can you please help me on the choice?

Comment

Originally posted by blade00 View Post
        Thank you, I'm worried to update because in the past I had the site crashed for days for doing an update. I can't access to adminCP, I just found in phpmyadmin the opportunity to:
        "TRUNCATE" or "DROP" the table, can you please help me on the choice?
        If those are your options choose Truncate. If you drop the table itself you will have no alternative other than to reinstall the software.

Comment

Thank you, It's solved! Do I have to do something to avoid this issue in the future? I'm sorry I can't update because there is an issue with my hoster and the last time I had a lot of issues in updating...

Comment

Please make sure all of your tables except language, phrase and userfields are using INNODB and not MyISAM. INNODB tables are self healing and would not have this error occur. Your hosting provider can assist with this change. You will probably see a significant performance boost as well.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment