Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry you are not authorized to view this page - error when saving an edit to a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry you are not authorized to view this page - error when saving an edit to a post

I get this occasionally on my vb5 forums and here too on this vbulletin.com/forum

I edit a post and then after I go to save it the error "Sorry you are not authorized to view this page"

appears.

Here at this vbulletin forum this tends to happen after repeated edit/save attempts in a row, of multiple revisions. At my own forums it happens just occasionally, no rime or reason to when, might happen on the first edit or on the fifth, or sometimes every time.

What is strange is that the edit IS made, but there is no way to save it because this error message intervenes. So I just refresh the browser page without clicking to save, and the post now appears on the refreshed page, WITH the edit made.

P.S. I brought this up before
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...view-this-page
    never got a clear answer.
    Last edited by MDawg; Tue 23rd Jul '19, 2:40pm.

Okay see, it just happened here, on my second revision / edit to the above post!

and no matter how many times I tried to save would not let me, but when I just gave up and clicked to reload the browser page, the edit had in fact been saved anyway.

I don't think it is a login issue, I remain logged in.

AND while I got the error on the 2nd attempt to edit/save the post, I did not get it on the third, fourth and fifth edit/save attempts, which those went through fine.

Could it have something to do with the CONTENT of the page being edited/saved? that there is a URL in it, or Imgur image posted within the post via its URL?
    Last edited by MDawg; Tue 23rd Jul '19, 2:46pm.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the post content. Could be a "flooding" issue. I've never experienced it here but I believe flood detection is turned off for Admins here.

Will see if I can reproduce it.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Yes but I am seeing this issue on almost every post on my vb5 forums for regular registered members. I am not testing it on every vb5 forum of mine, but I am noticing it consistently on one of them.

Comment

Just got the error again when trying to edit this post
          https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ame-member-you

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 7.49.21 AM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.8 KB ID:	4420256
          Attached Files

Comment

How long between the post was created and you tried to edit it did the issue occur?

How long was the page open before you submitted the edit?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I had just created it, and then tried to edit it minutes later got that message when I tried to save the edit. As noted previously, the edit goes through but I get that error implying that the edit did not go through. (When I click to refresh the browser, I see that the edit has gone through, notwithstanding the error.)

Maybe it has something to do with trying to edit a post that includes an image in it.

Comment