Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you set permissions so that guest users can see the topics without content and are shown the "guest message"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you set permissions so that guest users can see the topics without content and are shown the "guest message"

I'm trying a different set of permissions on my test site.

I want to set things up so that guest users can view the channels, can view the topics, but if they try to view the content of the topic are shown the "not registered not logged in" message telling them that if they want to see content then they have to register.

I've got all the forums set to "inherit", i.e. no custom permissions, and I'm editing the permissions for the Guest User usergroup. I have everything set to "no" except "can view channels" set to yes, and "can view others topics" set to yes. I.e. "can view topic content" is set to no.

If I log out and become a guest user for a moment visit the forum I can see the topics. If I click on a topic title instead of giving me the 'not logged in' message the software bounces me off the forum to the articles page.

How do I set the permissions so that it keeps me on the forum page but gives me the 'not logged in' message?

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Forum Viewing Permissions

Can View Channels > Yes

Set every other permission under Forum Viewing Permissions to "No"

Be sure to click "Update" at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Turn off "Redirect 404 pages to root node". You can find this in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> General Settings.

Edit: On further investigation, this actually seems to be a bug that came up from somewhere. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19519
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 19 Jul '19, 12:30pm.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment