Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third vBulletin instance on local development machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third vBulletin instance on local development machine?

It's very good that you are allowed to have a second vBulletin instance (typically on your production server, in order to fully replicate the conditions of the production vBulletin instance when testing new vBulletin updates etc before deploying them in production), but for the scenario of developing your own vBulletin plugins/"products", a third vBulletin instance on a local development machine (i.e. my own laptop) is badly needed (since I cannot have any of my development tools on the web hosting server that I have my production instance on, and neither is it realistic to upload and test, not to mention single-step-debug etc as needed, every single change to my plugin code to the web hosting server - every developer knows what I'm talking about here).

So, would I therefore be allowed to have such a third development instance of my vBulletin license on my own laptop, when developing plugins/"products" for vBulletin (used solely for development, and not reachable for anyone else, of course)? Or how would I otherwise do such development in a realistic way?

We can't change the terms of the license on an ad hoc basis. With the proper tools, you can develop remotely. For instance, I use Microsoft Visual Studio Code that allows me to publish code changes to both Github and the SFTP server of my choice.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X