No announcement yet.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Code?

Hello All,

I'm attempting to send out an e-mail to the following user group: "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation":

I've utilized the following code $username, $activatelink and $activateid in my outgoing e-mail to the user group,"Users Awaiting Email Confirmation"

However, I cannot seem to find the code that generates the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the "Activate Membership" e-mail, the one that reads:

To stop receiving this email, please visit this URL:

https://www.tinyhouseforum.com/regis...b11f28561ff940

Can someone please help me out with that code, I've searched all over the Admin CP and on this forum but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance! -Chuck

You cannot include an unsubscribe link in manually generated emails. They aren't something that a user would subscribe to. If they want to stop receiving those, they would have to uncheck the box to receive email from Admins in their User Settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You cannot include an unsubscribe link in manually generated emails. They aren't something that a user would subscribe to. If they want to stop receiving those, they would have to uncheck the box to receive email from Admins in their User Settings.
      Thanks for the quick reply over the weekend Wayne. I have some follow-up as the mailing didn't seem to go according to plan. Below is a screen cap of the .txt file that I used to generate the e-mail that I sent only to the "User's Awaiting Email Confirmation" group for your reference. Prior to sending the email I registered an account but did not click on the confirmation link that was sent via e-mail so that I would be included in the mailing I was planning to send to "User's Awaiting Email Confirmation". I even confirmed that the username I registered was included in the "User's Awaiting Email Confirmation" group prior to sending out the mailer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Confirmation 1.png
Views:	14
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	4417762

I then loaded the above text into the Admin CP Email Manager and selected only the "User's Awaiting Email Confirmation" group and clicked the Submit button (see below screen cap):

Name:	Confirmation 2.png
Views:	10
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	4417763

Below is a screen cap of the email I received shortly after submitting the mailer on Saturday 6/29/19:

Name:	Confirmation 3.png
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	4417764

However when I clicked the "To complete your registration, please visit this URL:" in the above email it took me to the following page:

Name:	Confirmation 4.png
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	4417765

I took no action on the above page as I wanted to consult with you as to why I was being directed to this page instead of the "Your registration is now complete" page. Oddly enough, even though I DID NOT send the mailer out a second time I received a second e-mail (the exact e-mail I sent out on Saturday) the following day on Sunday 6/30/19 (please see below):

Name:	Confirmation 5.png
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	4417766

This time when I clicked the "To complete your registration, please visit this URL:" in the above e-mail it took me to what appears to be the correct page (see below). And I confirmed that the user was moved from "User's Awaiting Email Confirmation" to "Registered Users". Obviously you can see the link is different in the two e-mails for some reason that I don't understand:

Name:	Confirmation 6.png
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	4417767

So now that I've given you all the information I have available regarding this issue I have 3 questions.
      1. Why was I directed to the wrong page when I clicked the link in the first e-mail that was sent on Saturday?
      2. Why/how was a new link generated in the second email sent out on Sunday and why did that link appear to work as intended?
      3. Why/how was a second e-mail sent out on Sunday when I DID NOT send out a second mailer on Sunday?

Thanks in advance for your time and hope to hear back soon!

Comment

Only one email activation link is valid at a time. A new activation ID will be created every time you send this email. If you send multiple copies, the earlier copies will have their activation links overridden.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Only one email activation link is valid at a time. A new activation ID will be created every time you send this email. If you send multiple copies, the earlier copies will have their activation links overridden.
          Wayne,

As I mentioned I DID NOT send a second e-mail blast. However the following day I received a second e-mail in spite of the fact that I DID NOT send a second mailer, I only sent it once on Saturday. Your reply also does not address why the link in the first e-mail did not work on Saturday however when I received the second email on Sunday (for some unknown reason) the link worked fine. Could you please address those 2 issues? Thank you!

Comment

The system automatically sends an activation email when someone registers and then three days later.

Aside from the Activation ID at the end of the email, the links are identical. This tells me the first one didn't work because it was expired or overwritten.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X