after update User Settings and other pages do not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after update User Settings and other pages do not work

I recently updated to 5.5.2 from an earlier version of vb5 and now the User Settings, My Recent Posts, and Help pages do not work. They say, "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

They all worked fine in my previous vb5 version (I can't remember the exact number but it was 6+ months old). I found a few other topics with this same issue but they are many years old and the tracker links don't work in them. This is the most recent thread I could find with this issue but it is 4 years old. There was a talk about some script to fix this issue, but I'm wondering, are there any more up to date fixes for this? I tried renaming the htaccess.txt to .htaccess replacing my old one, but this did not work. https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...valid-page-url

On a side note that might be related, another issue I fixed after the update: the reply/editor box showed a background image instead of being white. The suggested fix that worked was to edit the teamplate css_additional.CSS and change "body {" to "body:not([class*="cke_"]):not([contenteditable]) {" https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...b5-4-2-upgrade

Make sure you have no out of date templates under Styles -> Find Updated Templates.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

It says all are up to date.

Comment

What version of PHP and MySQL are you using? They will be listed on the AdminCP Home page.

Wayne Luke

Comment

PHP 7.1.30
          MySQL Version 10.1.40-MariaDB-cll-lve

Comment

Are there any files listed under Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions? If any files are lists as not part of vBulletin, please delete them.

Wayne Luke

Comment

There are no files listed there.

Comment

I finally found a solution to fix this by enabling debug mode for my IP only. I saw a plugin listed that I was using to show which users have read a thread "Who has read this thread". After disabling that plugin I got no more errors.

Here are instructions to enable debug for your IP on Glenns website: https://vbmods.rocks/blogs/vbulletin...addresses-only If your having a similar problem try his suggestion on that page to add the lines of code to disable ALL plugins, just to see if it is plugin related.

Thanks Wayne for your time/effort to help.

Comment