Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are vBulletin "cron jobs" executed for (all?) non-logged in HTTP requests to a board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
    I must be missing something. What is the point to jumping through all these hoops? Why is the scheduled tasks running every 60 seconds with the vbcron.php file insufficient?
    What you're missing is that all web hosting packages don't allow you to execute server-side scripts like that, but rather simply provide you with FTP access and that's it. In that case you cannot use the vbcron.php file, and instead you have to McGyver yourself a script-based client-side-only solution to automate the vBulletin Scheduled Tasks processing, which is what we just did here.

Comment

Originally posted by vbSuperfan View Post

What you're missing is that all web hosting packages don't allow you to execute server-side scripts like that, but rather simply provide you with FTP access and that's it. In that case you cannot use the vbcron.php file, and instead you have to McGyver yourself a script-based client-side-only solution to automate the vBulletin Scheduled Tasks processing, which is what we just did here.
      I'd find a new hosting provider. I have had SSH and Crontab support on every hosting provider that I have had in the last 20 years.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment