Moving to VPS encountering a problem I dont understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to VPS encountering a problem I dont understand

I am moving my site to a VPS. I have moved all files and the database and is about to start up the test site. However it does not run index.php as it is supposed to. When browsing to index.php it generates an error like this
    Code:
    [Mon Jun 24 14:49:03.251547 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 18799:tid 139799939221248] [client 31.xxx.xxx8:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/admin/domains/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admin/domains/utkiken.tv/public_html/includes/vb5/config.php on line 65PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/admin/domains/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php73/lib/php') in /home/admin/domains/utkiken.tv/public_html/includes/vb5/config.php on line 65'
    My host and I believe it is something in the host setting that needs to be done but we dont know what. Any suggestions?

Make sure you're using PHP 7.1 or higher.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I am using 7.3.4

Comment

The error message comes from the "require_once" command in line 65 in /vb5/includes/config.php. It seems like the $frontendConfigPath contains the wrong path. And that is where my skills looking for the error and what to do about it ends. Maybe I am wrong in my interpretation as well. Would really appreciate any suggestions about what to do.

Comment

The problem is that this is an invalid path:
          Code:
          home/admin/domains/config.php
          It should be:
          Code:
          /home/admin/domains/utkiken.tv/public_html/config.php
          This implies that variables aren't being parsed properly by PHP. Our code uses the dirname() function of PHP to determine the directory. If this function fails for any reason then you can't load the config.php in your vBulletin root directory.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks.
            From what I can see it looks correct when I use the function "dirname(__FILE__);". Please see value from link below:
            https://utkiken.tv/test.php

Comment

Problem is solved. However I am not sure if there is a bug in vBulletin. I explain what happened and let me know if I should post it as a bug.

When using SSL DirectAdmin creates a private_html that has a symbolic link to public_html where all the php-files are stored. This symlink sets a flag that there is a symlink and in the ./includes/vb5/config.php it sets a configpath to home/admin/domains/config.php which does not exist.

The solution was to place all files in private_html and not use public_html and the symlink.

Comment

Was this a soft or hard symlink?

I suspect soft.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I dont know what kind of symlink. It was one that was made by DirectAdmin as a astandard when using ssl amd ticking in a box that you want to use one set of files for both private_html and public_html. What it did was to remove private_html as a folder and instead having it as a pointer to public_html.

I dont know if that is of any help. Let me know if I should find out something more.

Comment