Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users cannot edit the own profiles - "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users cannot edit the own profiles - "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

My users are not able to edit their own profiles, even though I have configured that they should be able to, what can be the problem?!

First, I have enabled the option "Enable User Profile Customization" in the "User Profile Option" of the AdminCP.

Second, here are the complete permissions of the usergroup of the user in question (it is the only usergroup of this user):

upload pic

But, when the user clicks "My Profile" in their "personal menu" (that is, their own username in the upper right of the screen when being logged-in on the messageboard), they only get this:

upload pic

Are there any more secret global options for this, or is this a bug in vBulletin 5.5.2?

My users really need to be able to upload their own avatars/profile pictures!

You have "Can View Member Info" set to no. The system is working as it is told to.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks so much!

PS. It is highly confusing to use the term "User info" in one place and "Profile" in most other places in the settings - it made me think that this was something completely different, so you might want to consider harmonizing your wordings there.

Comment

Member Info refers to more than the User Profile.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Ok, I see.

Could you possibly tell me then what additional information that users get access to when I enable this?

Comment

It is supposed to control access to Who's Online and Member's List as well.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Ok, I see, thanks.

Kinda strange things to mix into a single option though I think? I would actually like my users not to be able to see the members list, while still being able to edit their own profile.

Comment

There are only so many bits that we can use for permissions without them getting out of control.

You can actually control the member's list through Module Permissions (every module has them). Go to the Member's List page. Edit the Page. Edit the Member's List module. Change the permissions. There is a lot of granularity in the product.

Wayne Luke

Comment