Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Error

Hello I have a weird issue with search engine
    When I search in English or Arabic I have no issues but when I try searching with Russian language I get this error

Code:
    Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again.

Are these posts from before updating the software to 5.5.X?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Wayne Luke yes but if I search for anything in Russian it shows that error even if they're not there it should say results not found and not that error lol
      Tried to refresh search results from maintenance but no change the error is still there in Russian language only

Comment

hmm up lol

Comment

Your site isn't being stored as Cyrillic. All the text is stored as HTML Entities and looks like this:

Объявление
          I am guessing this is due to your database character set and the HTML character set of WINDOWS-1251 instead of using UTF-8.

I don't have an immediate fix for you. The long term fix would be to convert your database to UTF8MB4 and use UTF-8 as the HTML character set. But this won't fix the search. For that every single character needs to be converted to a proper Cyrillic character instead of using HTML Entities. I have no script to do that at the moment. To have one made, I would need a copy of your database for the developers to work with.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Wayne Luke thx for the info I suspected that but never had issues on vb 3.8 so thought that might not be the case lol

Is there a guide for converting the database to utf8mb4?
            that would help me a lot lol

Comment

just an update seems my database is like this lmao

Comment

It will take me a few days to rewrite my guide (posted many times in these forums). However just changing the character set of the database will not fix the HTML Entities that are being stored in the database. At most it would fix new content.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Upgraded to latest Vbulletin 5.5.3 and now it does not show any errors but it shows 0 results found if I use any language other than English
                  any suggestions in this case?

Comment

Sorry. Haven't posted the guidelines on converting to UTF8MB4. You won't be able to search ARABIC as long as you're using a Latin1 character set.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X