Error with php 7.1 and registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Error with php 7.1 and registering

I have a weird issue with php 7.1 when I select php 7.1 it shows this warning message on register page
    but when I tested php 7.0 the warning is gone

Any idea what's this issue and how to fix it :/

PHP Version 7.1.24
    MySQL Version 5.6.41-84.1
    VBulletin Version 5.5.2

Turn off Error Display in PHP. You shouldn't have Error Display on for a production server.

You can log the Warning as a bug and the developers will look at it but these things are not the highest priority. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Wayne Luke Yes I know but I wanted to fix the issue instead of just hiding the warnings xD . I contacted the host and requested php 7.2 update and will test on it once it's updated . hopefully will be fixed completely as seems even recaptcha is having issues and keeps saying can't connect even tho the keys are right and every setting is right too

Comment

Originally posted by ali.almabhouh View Post
        Wayne Luke Yes I know but I wanted to fix the issue instead of just hiding the warnings xD . I contacted the host and requested php 7.2 update and will test on it once it's updated . hopefully will be fixed completely as seems even recaptcha is having issues and keeps saying can't connect even tho the keys are right and every setting is right too
        php warnings (it's not an error) should never be displayed on a production server. Changing the code to run 100% warning-free is an ideal, but other more important things will sometimes take priority.

Such warnings do not interrupt the execution of the code and do not cause any issues with the running of the site, unless you have warnings and notices displayed which, as stated, you should not do on a production server.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

The issue is the same priority of all of these issues - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ch/52/search/1

They are all about the same sort of thing and don't harm the operation of the software. We get to them as we can. Personally, I prefer that the developers spend the majority of their time on data related bugs, performance improvements, security improvements, new features and backwards compatibility.
          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 12th Jun '19, 9:14am.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X