problem in translation of vbulletin phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem in translation of vbulletin phrases

hello dear friends, i'm translating vbulletin to persian. i didn't understand some parts functionality so i cant provide a good translation.
    i create this topic to ask some question about functionality of vbulletin parts so that i can translate them in the best way.

first question : what is Referrals function? i read its explanations but i didn't understand. ofcourse according to bellow picture , when i select dates and i click on search botton, it didnot diaplay any thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	referrals.png
Views:	78
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	4416521

i want to know this part functionality?

Date labels are controlled by the Locale and the list of options under the Locale when editing the language directly.

Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Click Edit Settings to the right of your language. Fill in the date options and set the Locale to an appropriate value.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

thanks for your information, but you did not understand what i mean. i want functionality of refferal part. for what perpose, this part is created?

Name:	referrals-2.png
Views:	70
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	4416527

Comment

Currently nothing in vBulletin 5. It is non-working feature that hasn't been removed or made into a working feature.

A referral is when User A tells User B to register on your site. In vBulletin 4.X, people could enter the user that referred them in the registration process. Some sites used this to run registration drives. Whoever had the most referrers could win a prize or something.

Wayne Luke

Comment

i want to translate "Statistics & Logs" Phrase. but when i search it from "Languages & Phrases" part and "Search in Phrases" menu, it display just one output that it's not related to the phrase that i want to translate. even with each way that i want translate "Statistics & Logs" phrase, there wont be any result. please help me to translate phrases that i highlighted in admincp menu.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	statistics logs.png Views:	0 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	4416540

Comment

The phrase is statistics_and_logs. The default text is Statistics & Logs

Wayne Luke

Comment

what do you mean by uniqe in
              Attachments->Attachment Statistics menu?

Name:	unique.png
Views:	43
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	4417131

Comment

There are two figures separated by a '/'.

The first figure is unique attachments, the second is total attachments.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

u·nique

adjective
                  being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
                  "the situation was unique in modern politics"

Wayne Luke

Comment

thanks for your kind help and support, i know meaning of 'unique' but i can't understand what you mean by unique attachment.
                    i think you mean not duplicate attachment. but i test it and upload some copy of one attachment and each time value of unique attachment increased. i test it with diffrent user, for example 'Sara' upload 'test.zip' as attachment and then 'Mina' upload same file and when i check, i could see unique increase 1 digit, again i upload that file with Mina unfortunatly unique value increase 1 more digit. so unique in vbulletin does not mean "attachments that are not duplicate"

Comment

If User A uploads a file and User B uploads the exact same file, then each file would be unique for the user that owns them. User B does not have access to User A's attachments or vice versa.

A non-unique attachment would be an image uploaded to an Album and then used in 10 different posts.

Wayne Luke

Comment

i create a new language (A) in my vbulletin and translate about 4000 lines.
                        after some times i add another person's translates as a new language (B) (without overwrighting to my translated language (A)) then i check his translate and see that its not ok so decide to delet language (B).

now when i download my language (A) from "upload/download language" and check the xml file of my language (A) i can see lines of language B added to A so my translated language (A) lines became about 9000 lines.

i delet all language and again create a new English one but surprisingly when i download this English language again i can see lines of language B about 9000 lines while i deleted all language and make a new English one.

how can i get rid of this language Band delet it completely??
                        how can i have a language like a fresh installed vbulletin language without any translated phrase ?!!!!

Comment

The translation that you added most likely overwrote the Master Language. You would have to reinstall the Master Language by running /core/install/upgrade.php.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I run the upgrade file, but it did not work.
                            is there any way to back to default language setting?

Comment

"It did not work" tells us nothing about the problem.

What actually happened?
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment