Stopforumspam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopforumspam

I assumed this was integrated into VB5 & input my API key & chose my settings in the ACP Spam Management section but I'm not sure it's screening any registrations & it doesn't seem to appear in the delete post as spam dialogue where one of the options you could check would be to pass the spammer's details to the Stopforumspam database.

Has anyone got it working in VB5? There isn't a vbulletin.org mod for it like with VB4.

This site uses Stopforumspam. What does the delete dialog box look like? Does your user have permission to ban users?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi,
      Yes, I am logged in as Admin when calling the Delete Post dialogue as in the attached.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190602-125235_Chrome.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	4416359

Comment

If SFS isn't preventing spam you should try adjusting the following two settings in the AdminCP:
        Stop Forum Spam Registration Activity Check
        The Stop Forum Spam check data includes the date of the last reported spam. Choose the maximum number of days past that will trigger a positive spam result.
        Set this to 0 to block registration regardless of the last date of activity.
        Stop Forum Spam Registration Confidence Check
        The Stop Forum Spam check data includes a confidence score, based on the last seen date and the number of sightings of a spammer. This value ranges from 0 to 100 with 100 being the most confident. Choose the minimum score that will trigger a positive spam result. Set this to 0 to block registration regardless of the confidence score.

Comment

Thanks! Will give this a shot.

Any thoughts as to why no reference to reporting to SFS is made in the Delete Post dialogue? Or does VB5 not do that like VB4 did?

Comment

Originally posted by woodmj View Post
            Thanks! Will give this a shot.

Any thoughts as to why no reference to reporting to SFS is made in the Delete Post dialogue? Or does VB5 not do that like VB4 did?
            The options are limited. What I get is the option to soft delete or permanently delete the post and the option to do nothing or ban the user. That's it. There's no check box for reporting. It's entirely possible the software does that in the background but I've never bothered inquiring since spammers can create accounts far faster than SFS or Spamhaus or Honeypot or anything else can keep up with them.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

As far as I am aware, submitting to the "Anti-Spam Service" refers to Akismet. Akismet is used to check for spam posts. StopForumSpam works on Registration.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-06-03_10-10-59.png Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	4416407

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment