Redirect errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirect errors

Was just wondering if anyone else hit a lot of redirect errors in Google Search Console since moving from VB4 to VB5? I'm seeing 81. Thing is when I visit the URLs in question they come up fine but GSC says not & refuses to index them just saying they are redirect errors. I asked GSC to recheck the URLs but it still insists there are redirect errors.

What kind of redirects are you talking about here? vB4 URLs to vBulletin 5 URLs? Topic redirects? What?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hmm....Well....I'll try my best here. I don't really understand the ins and outs of it.

All the errors seem to involve showthread.php.

An example:
      The original URL Google Search Console complains about is https://www.snuson.com/showthread.ph...n-Coffee/page4

and that URL is redirected successfully (when I try it) to https://www.snuson.com/forum/snus/pe...offee%2Fpage4=

I'll attach a screen grab of how it looks in GSC.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	59.6 KB ID:	4416269

Comment

Those URLS should redirect with a 301. Not sure why Google isn't able to follow that redirection. The screenshot doesn't provide any valuable information as to why redirection failed.

You should build and submit a vBulletin 5 XML SiteMap so all pages can be reindex properly. This can be done in the AdminCP under XML Sitemap.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks. Yes I have rebuilt my site map a few times since the VB5 upgrade went in through the ACP but it doesn't seem to help.

I'll have another dig in Google Search Console.

Comment