CMS Article Published Dates Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zweeper View Post
    Isnt that something to further optimize in the future to improve bug reporting?
    I mean, what are the chances that I will also never answer again in the bug tracker? it's more or less the same. And I think much more bugs could be handled if you guys forward issues directly to the development team as well. Well, the issue is, that the articles receive a wrong date if you edit it, guess there problem is clear?

But thanks anyway for your clear answer, it helps me to understand how vbulletin works.
    Believe it or not, bugs logged by actual customers carry more weight that bugs logged by the support team.

However the main thing, as mentioned, is that if we log it for you then questions come back, we may not be able to answer them.

We also run into the issue that if we log bugs on behalf of customers, it becomes something we have to do each and every time, on demand. This takes us away from dealing with customer issues.

This method is common to many software companies. They won't log bugs for you, they will ask you to log them yourself. It's the most efficient method for all parties, especially the customer.

Reporting a bug is easy:

Go here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulletin5
    Click Report an Issue
    Click Choose Bug
    Complete the 'Short Summary", "Description" and "Release" fields.
    Ignore all other fields
    Click "File Issue"

That's all there is to it.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

okay, thanks for the further explanation.
      I already reported the bug yesterday

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19617

Comment

Thank you.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X