Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clicking link in notification email shows "unauthorized to view - contact administrator" for registered users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Back button or to the unread there is no difference. When you have time just try it yourself, it pretty prevalent

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Well there were a page of reply's and two comments. My last one above and one from you on another thread. I went through all the reply's and then lost your comment on a totally different topic. Then I went through some more reply's and lost my last comment. It does do it here.
    This doesn't help us replicate things though. We need exact steps. What are the exact links did you click on to make the comments disappear? What are the URLS of the comments? Are using the BACK button to get back to search? Reloading the search? Are you opening topics in new tabs to read them? All of these are relevant bits of information that we've been trying to obtain in order to replicate the issue.

To be honest, the standard searches I use don't differentiate between topic starters, replies, or comments. The type of post isn't important to me so the more information that you can provide the better.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 2nd May '19, 10:56am.

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    This should be very easy to replicate here

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Just happened again with that last comment. there were two new reply's different threads and my last comment. clicked a reply> went back and my comment was gone

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Well there were a page of reply's and two comments. My last one above and one from you on another thread. I went through all the reply's and then lost your comment on a totally different topic. Then I went through some more reply's and lost my last comment. It does do it here

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    disregard this entry

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    It would be site wide since it is the EXACT json that you posted in your bug report. Comments aren't a heavily used feature on this site.

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Wayne there are very few comments getting posted to your search. Are you able to make it site wide? There was a few the first day I looked but nothing since

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    I'll keep an eye on this and see if any comments drop out. So far nothing, maybe its an issue with the cloud server or such. I know this forum operates on a different database

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Taken right out of your Bug Report.

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Wayne is that the same exact search Json code that I’m using?

{"unread_only":"1","exclude_type":"vBForum_PrivateMessage"}

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/droppingcomments - Haven't been able to recreate the issue yet. There are a number of comments on the page when I view it. I click on a topic unrelated and then reload the page. Comments are still there.

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    So they need to make a test site with comments and the unread jason. Post a few topics with comments and they should be good to go
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 29th Apr '19, 2:38pm.

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Debugging on a live site is perilous.

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Wayne It's actually the same issue as the first on my end. If they were to place that unread json right here on this site they could easily see it and poss figure it out