Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Yes to my knowledge that's all that is available.

If it's of any interest, the method you describe has been mostly proved to be counter-productive. When guest users reach the limit of threads they are 'allowed' to view, they just leave the site.
    At best you might get a series of one-off registrations where people sign up with a throwaway email account just to read some more stuff on your site, then never return.
    I'm sure there are exceptions but unless you're running a site where you pay for content (and thus let guests have a certain number of 'free articles' to entice them to pay for more) this method is generally not very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    The only modification of which I am aware that comes close to this is Glenn's replies and comments modification.

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...ourage-signups

Leave a comment:

• Tetsumonchi
    started a topic Limit guest viewing -- possible?

Limit guest viewing -- possible?

Hello,

I own a gaming forum (running vBulletin 5.4.2) and was wondering if there is a way to limit guest viewing.

In other words, after the guest user has clicked on 5 thread pages, their IP is blocked from viewing further pages for, say, 24 hours, and they are presented with a message along the lines of "Glad you're enjoying our forum. Please consider registering to see more".

We see a large number of guests daily who view our forum for tips etc on the games we cover, however this is not translating into membership and participation. In order to grow the forum, it seems logical to incentivize membership.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.