X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19850

I can guarantee that for the change above to move forward that it will need votes. Many will see this as fixing something that isn't broken. Especially since it is basically rebuilding the Photo Gallery content type.

Leave a comment:

• OrganForum
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    That would be a real good improvement. The pictures should post at the bottom of the post no matter where the cursor is at. .
    Strongly disagree. Inline pictures are very useful and my users have no trouble with the existing system and put it to good use.

https://organforum.com/forums/forum/electronic-organs-midi/classic-church-electronic-organs/670682-new-organ-speaker-location?p=670926#post670926

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post

Having those size options present and then clicking one, removes it from the attached file box and places it up on the page randomly depending on the curser position
    The point is, it's not random. It inserts it where the cursor is. That is what it is designed to do. vB4 is the same.

The position of the cursor dictates where it is inserted inline. That's what insert inline means. If it inserts it anywhere else, it's not inserting it inline.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    I like your option idea in post #13.
    Thanks for listening

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I just want to say that the Photo Gallery content type was envisioned to solve this issue. Images uploaded to it, cannot be inserted inline. In fact, there wasn't a way to have inline images in vBulletin 5 until the early Alpha were people demanded the functionality. Now, we have people who want the opposite. No matter how it ends up, it seems someone will not be happy in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    How does it mess with the text? By default, it will add all attachments at the bottom of the text in a box labeled "Attached Files."
    Having those size options present and then clicking one, removes it from the attached file box and places it up on the page randomly depending on the curser position

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Here is a good one

Click image for larger version

Name:	187775C5-4C52-4AE8-AB0C-9F9570F12923.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	4427337

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Here is one that got posted messed up. Again to many confusing options

Click image for larger version  Name:	2584104D-6E23-49F2-BB8E-692CCBEFFE42.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	195.6 KB ID:	4427335

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    That would be a real good improvement. The pictures should post at the bottom of the post no matter where the cursor is at. I would say that 99.9% of our users have their text pushed around and split up. Using the light box works great for that reason, but then gets confusing for editing the picture with the other options showing. Basically there is to much going on with no way to limit them. Using a phone or a tablet makes it that much harder to place the cursor properly. It’s been a while but I don’t recall some of the earlier VB versions shoving it around when posting attachments.
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 18 Nov '19, 2:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Inline image inserts in vBulletin 4.X works the same. Both vBulletin 5 and vBulletin 4 use the same editor. vBulletin 4 just has fewer options to correct the issues.

Not really sure how to fix this if your users aren't willing to learn. I guess we could create an option that allows attachments but prevents users from using them inline. Then all images will be in the Attached Files box at the bottom of the post.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    The text is already pushed to the bottom, plus the pics split up sentences. For the average user it's very unfriendly and most members are beyond re schooling. If I recall vb-4 does not have this issue
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 18 Nov '19, 12:55pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The image will be inserted where the cursor (indicated by a blinking vertical line) is located within the editor. This is pretty standard behavior in all Rich Text Editors even word processors like Microsoft Word. We have no other way of determining where you want the image located.

If the image is inserted in a location that isn't optimal, you can actually click on the image and drag it to another location in the post. There is a "drag" handle at the top left corner that shows when editing the post.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-11-18_12-47-14.png Views:	0 Size:	115.0 KB ID:	4427315
    You can also double-click the image to set 1) custom sizes, 2) float it (left, right or center) so text wraps around it, and 3) turn on the ability to caption the image.

If you have other ideas, on how this should be handled with "inline" images, then please provide them.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Here is a prime example.. It happens over and over again, and there is no way to prevent it unless you place the curser properly. Good luck trying to teach that..

Click image for larger version  Name:	7D4AC795-2C0D-4989-BB8B-E6137DB04F4A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	177.5 KB ID:	4427310
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 18 Nov '19, 12:15pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    How does it mess with the text? By default, it will add all attachments at the bottom of the text in a box labeled "Attached Files."
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    The big problem that I have with the "Upload Attachments" in the editor tools, is that it messes with the posted text. Very user unfriendly and annoying

Leave a comment: