X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AScherff
    replied
    Thanks Wayne,

i solved that lock down problem with your hint (InnoDB). Aunt google found a SQL procedure ( https://stackoverflow.com/a/29926020 ) to convert. I changed my Issue than only for a progress information during moving.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by AScherff View Post
    The database and the tables are configured by VB-Setup since VB3.x (in that times there was no InnoDB) and reconfigured maybe by upgrades from update-tool.

Indeed there are some tables MyISAM. But also a lot of tables are InnoDB.

If VB requires InnoDB, why update-tool didn´t converted? You recommend to convert all MyISAM to InnoDB?
    This assumes we have access to server configuration information when we don't actually have the information for. However, we do have a support tool that can we make available to make this conversion.

You not test MariaDB? It is one of the from VB recommendet System Requirements (MariaDB Version: 10.2+).
    Only because customers asked for it. MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL. We expect INNODB to operate the same on it as it does on MySQL. However, it supports other table types. We do not test or support these table types.

Leave a comment:

• AScherff
    replied
    Testet your hint in testing enviroment.

Converted all MyISam to InnoDB.
    Running moving the 2500 topic
    Createing Threat and/or post inbetween run.

All working! So the problem was that there have been MyISAM tables.

Leave a comment:

• AScherff
    replied
    The database and the tables are configured by VB-Setup since VB3.x (in that times there was no InnoDB) and reconfigured maybe by upgrades from update-tool.

Indeed there are some tables MyISAM. But also a lot of tables are InnoDB.

If VB requires InnoDB, why update-tool didn´t converted? You recommend to convert all MyISAM to InnoDB?

You not test MariaDB? It is one of the from VB recommendet System Requirements (MariaDB Version: 10.2+).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Tables shouldn't be locked if your using INNODB. INNODB does row level locks. Though, not sure how MariaDB handles this. We don't test MariaDB.

If you're using MyISAM or ARIA, then your server is configured incorrectly. vBulletin 5 requires INNODB.

Leave a comment:

• AScherff
    replied
    Well, moving has finnished. After 3 hours the batch was ready.

Inbetween the forum was locked, that means readonly because posting and other things was not possible because locked tables resulting database errors.

So, my conclusion: Using node-tools is working as a blackbox. And do it overnight, maybe smaller traffic to become less database errors.
    The node-tools need a refurnish. I must see status may be percentage. And tables not beeing locked. You can not close a forum for hours only to move some topics...

My configuration: Linux, Apache2, PHP 7.2.5, MariaDB 10.2.15

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The batch size supported comes down to your server configuration. Once you get that error, you will continue to get it until MySQL releases the lock or you restart the MySQL server. Without knowing anything about your server configuration or even if you have the ability to change it, the only thing that we can recommend is using smaller batch sizes.

The node and closure tables can be among the largest tables on your site in terms of rows. Every move requires that multiple updates are made to the closure table. The deeper your channel structure, the more updates that need to be made in the closure table per node.

Leave a comment:

• AScherff
    started a topic Using Node-Tools for moving topics

Using Node-Tools for moving topics

I try to move about 2.500 Topics with the Node-Tools in admincp.

After pressing Button move, the browser is waiting and waiting... and i get Datatbase Errors - Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - it seems there is a table permanently locked.

Is there some hint? Is there a plan to improve this tools?